Strange Behavior - Lights and Assets

• Hey guys, so I've been testing Enscape for SketchUp in the company that I work for, and came across two bugs that I couldn't fix in the following image:

1 - The 3 lights illuminating the fire place are equal instances of the same component and the third one just doesn't get equal to the other two.

(I tried exploding the components and re-creating only the third light and it didn't work as well).

2 - There's a strange "aura" all around the cerimans on the garden.

I would appreciate very much if anyone could help me fix these issues.

Thanks!

• I have had the first thing (identical lights producing different lighting) a few releases ago - they had a look at it and there was not much they could do about it. I've not had the situation come up again, so I can't say if there has been any improvement. I think that I solved it by using an IES profile rather than a spotlight.

The second item was a known issue that (I think) they fixed in a recent preview release.

• I have had the first thing (identical lights producing different lighting) a few releases ago - they had a look at it and there was not much they could do about it. I've not had the situation come up again, so I can't say if there has been any improvement. I think that I solved it by using an IES profile rather than a spotlight.

The second item was a known issue that (I think) they fixed in a recent preview release.

I used an IES profile :(

Do you have a link to that preview release?

• I changed the scene and the bugs are still there... The aura around the garden got weaker, but didn't disappear.

Sorry, I didn't write it clear enough. I meant if the light artifact changes if you place camera (much) closer to the light sources?

Do you have a link to that preview release?

You can find it on the download page where you downloaded Enscape. There is a link to the preview releases page.

• Hi zcunhalucas

the issue with the light cones beeing different is unfortunately likely due to the scene's geometry in that area. We're doing some optimizations to adjust the reach of light sources based on their surrounding geometry - in that case this did probably result in a different light radius for the third light. So I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about that at the moment, except maybe to try to move the light sources slightly and see if the result improves in that regard.

The "glow" on the leafs in the first image could be a filtering issue of our global illumination calculation. I don't see anything particularly wrong in the second image - the material is quite shiny and therefore there's some bright specular highlights visible. It looks like you're using a custom HDRI skybox? Maybe try and see if the result gets better with Enscape's procedural sky.

Hope that helps!