Enscape performance with Radeon Pro Vega 20 with 4GB of HBM2 memory

• Hello,

Perhaps this topic is something already discussed elsewhere on this Forum. If so please direct me to the appropriate link(s).

I am entertaining the idea of getting a top of the line new generation MacBook Pro and these are offered with Radeon Pro Vega 20 - 4 GB HMB2 memory - video hardware. Does Enscape support this type of video hardware or plan to support it in the future?

In addition I plan to partition the drive so half may run Windows 10 while the other half runs Mac OS. Is there any advantage to running Enscape on the Windows 10 partition/OS with the Radeon Pro Vega 20, or perhaps that makes no difference?

Your expert clarifications will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Hey mannyl , as long as you're running windows and/or Bootcamp which also executes windows, you should generally be able to use Enscape with that card, but looking at a few reports online, it seems that you may run into VR performance problems, especially with bigger projects and/or high/ultra Rendering Quality.

You could always opt for a machine with a better, more VR capable graphics card, or try Enscape VR with the Vega card - it may work when you're using draft/medium quality and you could also acquire an external GPU in case you experience problems.

Overall we would still recommend a dedicated card like the GTX 1080 at least for Enscape VR, with a windows machine, which is in your case probably not possible though.

• Sound like I will better off sticking with a capable PC workstation and leave Mac alone for now.

Thank you for your clarification, it has been very helpful.

Well, yes. Right now a capable PC workstation is definitely the best when it comes to using Enscape / Enscape VR. :) Enjoy!