vive cosmos

• I just started testing the VIVE Cosmos yesterday and it works with Enscape already because you do need to install SteamVR still to use it. Not all the functions are mapped to the new controllers correctly though as HTC completely revamped it....I'm liking it so far.

It would be great if Enscape devs can match the general mapping that HTC has done for their demo scenes.. how you teleport, etc...

• +1 from here.

We are planning to upgrade our vr setups, and the vive cosmos seems like a perfect fit, given its high end quality and portability (no base stations)... but without enscape support its not really an option :-)

Hi Lasse

Save your money and upgrade to the Rift S, better inside out tracking (no external sensors like the cosmos), better fit, better optics, marginally lower resolution, half the price. you are welcome to come by Gottlieb Paludan Architects and try it out (just above Cobe at Orientkaj)

• Hi Lasse

Save your money and upgrade to the Rift S, better inside out tracking (no external sensors like the cosmos), better fit, better optics, marginally lower resolution, half the price. you are welcome to come by Gottlieb Paludan Architects and try it out (just above Cobe at Orientkaj)

Cosmos uses inside out tracking as well... Also the Rift screens operate at 80hz to save money on specs vs the 90hz on the Cosmos. Its a decision of resolution for sure...I prefer the visual clarity...it makes the VR experience much better in my experience.

• Hi Lasse

Hi Tobias!

Thanks for the advice! The rift S has been on our radar as well, and for the money it seems unbeatable! But as we are looking at the biggest upgrade over our current 1st gen vive, the cosmos just has the edge for now :-) But I would still love to come by and try the Rift S sometime! we are practically neighbours ;-)

• As stated in another thread I am having good results with the Oculus Quest in a wireless setup. Also inside out tracking.

Unfortunately the most important button (teleport) is not mapped. Enscape is looking into it.

Seems that a custom mapping feature would enable the proper use of different headsets.

• I will receive an Enscape VR enabled executable for a project soon. I just bought new VR hardware, (HTC Cosmos) and was testing the standalone executables found on https://enscape3d.com/visualization-gallery/. When I start these executables they don't show in the Cosmos but as a 3D Desktop viewer on the monitor. Is this because the HTC Cosmos is not supported yet. Or do I have to do something with the executable in order to show it in VR?

• I will receive an Enscape VR enabled executable for a project soon. I just bought new VR hardware, (HTC Cosmos) and was testing the standalone executables found on https://enscape3d.com/visualization-gallery/. When I start these executables they don't show in the Cosmos but as a 3D Desktop viewer on the monitor. Is this because the HTC Cosmos is not supported yet. Or do I have to do something with the executable in order to show it in VR?

I just tried it on a HTC Vive with the same result. I suppose I must do 'something' in order to play the executable in VR instead of as a 3D viewer on the monitor. However I cannot find anywhere what should be done. Any ideas?