Request - SketchUp lines to Enscape

• I would like to see a way to get SketchUp lines into Enscape when using the Outlines feature. What I mean by this, for example, would be like a floor tile pattern thats drawn in SketchUp - I would like to be able to maybe put on a certain layer or give the line a property through a right click to tell Enscape to show that line as an edge. I know there are workaround for this using pipe plugins, etc. But I have a lot of floor patterns in my model and it would be a good deal of added geometry. Ideally I would use a texture with a bump map, etc. But this issue occurs in many instances where we just model lines to represent edges and it would be nice to have them show up in Enscape.

• I agree it would be nice to have an option for Enscape to show linework. It's a low-priority +1 from me. There are other issues that have no workarounds at all.

As Alvin_AS31 says above, it's pretty easy to add in post, but it can end up taking a lot of extra time, especially when you have a batch of images and the clients keep changing things. It gets very tedious to go to Photoshop for every image.

• I just make a very thin face that I push and make a component that cuts (ie push it in a1/2") and then stretch that to width and copy for grout lines or reveals etc.. So there is physical depth there but still very easy to move and edit. I just "scale" it to transform length (or width)

• why dont you export sketchup linework and use multiply blend in PS?

if the view is not 2 point perspectives then both render output should match just fine. if its 2 points then theres workaround but at the moment only works prior to 2.6 update

Doesn't work until we get a 2pt perspective pan fix (see my other thread about this issue). Also, I would like to see these lines in VR, so post is a no-go.

I just make a very thin face that I push and make a component that cuts (ie push it in a1/2") and then stretch that to width and copy for grout lines or reveals etc.. So there is physical depth there but still very easy to move and edit. I just "scale" it to transform length (or width)

Nice trick, but I am looking for a way to show grout lines in a floor that is just made up up SketchUp faces and I have a lot of flooring patterns to accomplish this with.

• Doesn't work until we get a 2pt perspective pan fix (see my other thread about this issue). Also, I would like to see these lines in VR, so post is a no-go.

Nice trick, but I am looking for a way to show grout lines in a floor that is just made up up SketchUp faces and I have a lot of flooring patterns to accomplish this with.

Another trick I use is to create the skp grout lines with lines in your floor or whatever.. put it on a separate layer so you can isolate it.. go to plan view parallel projection and export a jpg of just that. Then apply that as a material. You can also edit in pshp further if you want.

I use that a lot if there is a specific terra cotta tile pattern or something I want to use. Make in in skp with lines is really simple then export the jpg that I then place as a material.