Dynamic characters and plants

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

The still frame rendering effect of ENS is already very good. Could you consider developing dynamic characters and plants? In the animation, the characters can walk and talk, and the leaves of plants can sway in the wind

Something like this, if not all of it, is actually planned for a future release, 2.8 maybe. :) So in the end it should just be a matter of time. Thanks for your feedback, too!

• Hi, I think tas_1985 is right, this is the big next step for enscape, we are dying here to have anything animated, really hard to face a client saying no we cannot animate anything or after effect'ing / green screen the whole animation to integrate videos textures etc.., the rest of the other demands ( material editors, VR stuff, etc) are valid but animation is really the key point. Any precise udpate on that would be great, or at least some work around, camera path export ( fbx) to use some other softwares to counter this problem in the meantime for example.. sorry but really need this now for most of our projects..

Thanks

• Official Post

Hi, I think tas_1985 is right, this is the big next step for enscape, we are dying here to have anything animated, really hard to face a client saying no we cannot animate anything or after effect'ing / green screen the whole animation to integrate videos textures etc.., the rest of the other demands ( material editors, VR stuff, etc) are valid but animation is really the key point. Any precise udpate on that would be great, or at least some work around, camera path export ( fbx) to use some other softwares to counter this problem in the meantime for example.. sorry but really need this now for most of our projects..

Thanks

I'll note and forward your feedback and I hear you. We wanna start with animated vegetation, move to animated people and then also provide the ability to make cars/people for example travel along a pre-defined path, which is kind of the "ultimate" goal in the end. This is all something which will be implemented in future releases of Enscape and we also want to make all of this as perfect as possible, so thank you for your patience in that regard too.

• I'll note and forward your feedback and I hear you. We wanna start with animated vegetation, move to animated people and then also provide the ability to make cars/people for example travel along a pre-defined path, which is kind of the "ultimate" goal in the end. This is all something which will be implemented in future releases of Enscape and we also want to make all of this as perfect as possible, so thank you for your patience in that regard too.

Exciting news

• We wanna start with animated vegetation, move to animated people and then also provide the ability to make cars/people for example travel along a pre-defined path, which is kind of the "ultimate" goal in the end. This is all something which will be implemented in future releases of Enscape and we also want to make all of this as perfect as possible, so thank you for your patience in that regard too.

I'm not 'against' this, but I do feel that having material overrides on assets, and the ability to have custom assets are (at least for us) of much higher priority.

Animations are only relevant for real time/video. And even then, they often feel pretty 'gimmicky'.

Material overrides on assets is going to help everyone, from the most basic user to the advanced shops, and it sounds like it would be easier to implement than building animations for hundreds of assets and then building a UI to control that animation (setting out paths, loops etc).

• Technically, if you just apply the existing "water" animation to 'foliage' and/or 'grass' then it should be more bug-fixing where you get unintentional consequences of plugging something into something it wasn't designed for.

But yes, I would prefer to see a material selector/changer from within the Enscape window.

• Having a animated vertical texture could also solve the fire/vertical(falling) water dilemma. As it stands there is no current solution for VR/video that's anywhere near as good of a appearance as the animated horizontal water.

• We wanna start with animated vegetation, move to animated people and then also provide the ability to make cars/people for example travel along a pre-defined path, which is kind of the "ultimate" goal in the end

inside your engine or using something more "standard", e.g. Animator for SketchUp? (just had a worry, than moving too much of a model design out of modelling tool into the rendering plug-in will not be ideal, as will involve duplication, difference in controls, inability to use wider workflows (not particular with animation, but thinking about SU->Layout scenario)

• Official Post

Dmitry , this should all be done using our engine, so make it available and basically the same in terms of usage / appearance for all supported CAD solutions. :)

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet

Is there any news on custom assets or the ability to change materials on library assets? It seems that these two features are much more frequently requested (and arguably of much greater use) than an animation workflow.

You are right, it seems that these two functions are requested quite often, but as of yet I have no news to share I'm afraid!

• Official Post

Hi GianniF , no news on animation, too. These things take some time, so you don't have to expect anything this year anymore.

• I know animated people will be a long process, but if it can make for a quicker release. Maybe prioritize an animated fire system / other particles / water fall etc. and rustling vegetation. I'd hope these things might be simpler and allow for quicker implementation. Obviously not expecting anything until well into next year.

• I think the best solution for us customers would be to add the possibility to add our own animated assets.
    That would probably be faster than if the Enscape Team makes all the animated assets. Those can come after in time when ready.
    Adding a animated leaves shader/material would be a really quick way of getting some life into Enscape scenes.

• Official Post

I know animated people will be a long process, but if it can make for a quicker release. Maybe prioritize an animated fire system / other particles / water fall etc. and rustling vegetation. I'd hope these things might be simpler and allow for quicker implementation. Obviously not expecting anything until well into next year.

At least rustling vegetation or vegetation which blows in the wind etc. is sth which is planned to come first. :)

I think the best solution for us customers would be to add the possibility to add our own animated assets.
    That would probably be faster than if the Enscape Team makes all the animated assets. Those can come after in time when ready.
    Adding a animated leaves shader/material would be a really quick way of getting some life into Enscape scenes.

Thanks for that feedback too - is there any particular software you would be using to create those animated leaves and so in the first place? :) Just curious and so that I can also forward it to our developers, gaining a better understanding myself of this subject too.