License seat control feature

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Is there a plan to allow an admin to control seats? We constantly run into issue where all of our network licenses are tied up, either actively or by some mystery seat. The beta license tool claims the seat is tied up with a user using Enscape version 1.8 or prior, however we have no machines with anything but 2.5+ installed.

Anyway, the best way to manage this would be a tool to manually release seats from a user, especially if they kept a seat active while going to lunch or such.

• Official Post

Is there a plan to allow an admin to control seats? We constantly run into issue where all of our network licenses are tied up, either actively or by some mystery seat. The beta license tool claims the seat is tied up with a user using Enscape version 1.8 or prior, however we have no machines with anything but 2.5+ installed.

Anyway, the best way to manage this would be a tool to manually release seats from a user, especially if they kept a seat active while going to lunch or such.

Thanks a lot for your request. It's not something which is planned, yet, but I'll forward it accordingly. You're not the first to request this, so I'll also note your feedback in the existing feature request.

Furthermore, when it comes to the 1.8 issue, this may be caused by the following:

Connection via a proxy server:

Another cause might be, that the users in question are connected to the internet via a proxy server, which also prevents our license server from gathering the correct data.

In that case, you can also adjust the proxy settings via the "General Settings" window of Enscape on the machines in question.

Firewall blocking our license server:

In addition to that, the Firewall might also be blocking our license server from gathering the usage data of the users in question.

Adding exceptions to the Firewall for the following URL's might therefore also correct this issue:

http://licensing.inreal-tech.com

http://licensing.enscape3d.com

The port for these URL’s should be set to ’80’.

We would kindly ask you to check every machine on which you are using Enscape on for the above mentioned points and, if necessary, do the required adjustments.

With that, all users should be displayed correctly within your License Center account.

Please let me know in case the issue still persists or should you have any further questions!

• As I said, all users are 2.5 or higher and our firewall is not blocking any related traffic. We've had this issue for years at this point, pretty much happens a few times a week. Hence the request for manual license release feature. We've had to purchase extra licenses because seats gets tied up for no reason, and users on deadlines get cranky.

• Official Post

As I said, all users are 2.5 or higher and our firewall is not blocking any related traffic. We've had this issue for years at this point, pretty much happens a few times a week. Hence the request for manual license release feature. We've had to purchase extra licenses because seats gets tied up for no reason, and users on deadlines get cranky.

I've sent you a PM accordingly. If there is someone which is using your license in an unjustified manner, we'll create a new one to replace the old. There may be a chance that the key had been shared to some people which shouldn't be able to use the license.