Creating Detail in White Surfaces

• I'm having on-going issues with trying to recreate more subtle textures in white surfaces...for example, here in this white tile with white grout. In the past, I've noted this issue with White Shaker cabinets. As you can see in this image, I've tried to add some directional light to add shadow, which is kind of working around the hood, but not so well above the sink (besides creating lighting that isn't realistic to the actual space.) I know the usual suggestion is to add a thin line (and I appreciate that you're now able to add a line that's less than 1 pt) but I find that my interior design clients often object to this as it doesn't look "real". For example, in this image, adding a line makes the tile look like it has grey grout, instead of white. Any other suggestions?

• The picture you uploaded is very low resolution so it's kinda hard to judge. There's a dynamic tile model on the 3DWH that I often use when doing kitchens, which gives you real 3d texture instead of "just" bump maps.

What helps a lot is to give those tiles something to reflect and therefore make their texture of tiles and grout more visible. I'd also fiddle around with the grout color. Even a white grout is never 100% white so making that group a bit darker plus adding a bump map will often bring the desired effect.

• I'm having on-going issues with trying to recreate more subtle textures in white surfaces...for example, here in this white tile with white grout. In the past, I've noted this issue with White Shaker cabinets. As you can see in this image, I've tried to add some directional light to add shadow, which is kind of working around the hood, but not so well above the sink (besides creating lighting that isn't realistic to the actual space.) I know the usual suggestion is to add a thin line (and I appreciate that you're now able to add a line that's less than 1 pt) but I find that my interior design clients often object to this as it doesn't look "real". For example, in this image, adding a line makes the tile look like it has grey grout, instead of white. Any other suggestions?

dldieterich2 , so, the SketchUp lines you see - you would also like to kinda see the SketchUp lines in Enscape too? In this case maybe use a dedicated texture which already has some (faint) tiling, (although this may introduce some of the grey trout), and add some bump too (you could use the same texture) so that it has a bit more of a feeling as if each brick is individually placed. :)

If you need any specific help with that tip, let me know! And feel free to share a screenshot with me where you display the "grey trout" since it should still be possible to achieve a SketchUp similar look with textures, without making it look fake.