Sample Projects

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • As a newbie to the rendering game and seeing all the amazing project images in the showcase forum, I'm interested to see the workflow setout for a fully render ready project.

Can we get some small sample projects, that show what's underneath the hood of a project that is fully render capable.

Both Revit and Sketchup would be helpful.

• the request from Damo is not inappropriate in fact :thumbup: - it is quite common for other renderers to provide sample models with different scene setups. Not only for beginners but surely also for more advanced users this can be helpful.

Of course, users can't or won't share their own models generally or just give away everything. So it should be task of Enscape to provide such a small example bundle together with all the used setting files or ies files etc etc...

Contrary to most other renderer forums of this kind, this forum here is not really a so big source of fresh bubbling informations ;) - no idea why !
    So if some more people here could at least screenshot their used settings or screenshot their model etc. it would be an informal added value for all of us. The pure exhibition skating of beautiful renderings according to the schema "hope you like it - yes" is really not enough I think and all this won't help anyone, and least of all a beginner :) - again: the request from Damo is right!

• Official Post

As a newbie to the rendering game and seeing all the amazing project images in the showcase forum, I'm interested to see the workflow setout for a fully render ready project.

Can we get some small sample projects, that show what's underneath the hood of a project that is fully render capable.

Both Revit and Sketchup would be helpful.

Thanks a lot for your inquiry - we do have quite a lot of really nice SketchUp projects especially available, but I'll have to ask some of the corresponding creators regarding if it would be okay to share them openly, maybe in a dedicated thread so anyone who likes can acquire them and see how everything is setup etc. :)

If there'll be any news, I'll also leave a further message here.

• There is now an EnscapeSampleProjectSketchUp file on website.. with nice .ies files and Materials folder for textures.. seems though when I open this project, that Enscape doesn't see those textures.. (orange field with "invalid texture" written).. but ies lights work.. Do I have to go through every material and manually indicate each texture whose connection was lost? or is there a way to indicate a folder in which enscape will automaticly try to look for missing files?

• Official Post

There is now an EnscapeSampleProjectSketchUp file on website.. with nice .ies files and Materials folder for textures.. seems though when I open this project, that Enscape doesn't see those textures.. (orange field with "invalid texture" written).. but ies lights work.. Do I have to go through every material and manually indicate each texture whose connection was lost? or is there a way to indicate a folder in which enscape will automaticly try to look for missing files?

I'm afraid at the moment you'll have to re-link some of the files - we also recommend keeping textures in a specific path when using Enscape with any CAD solution that includes our material editor. We're looking into ways to make this process easier though in the future.

• Maybe for now Just add as a default one folder named "Textures" or "Materials" (or both) in the same directory as *.skp file, which ENS whould search for missing files before declaring them missing.. maybe recurently..
    And maybe in General Settings > Customization tab You could add a "Texturing" lokation(s) where user could define lokation of his own desire where he stores his textures..

Recurently because I have mine arranged in folders by material.. as do anybody else, I guess, who has more than 20 textures + bump etc..

This two things should be enough to pass projects between teams who have shared location for texturing files on server .. as well as finding those missing textures in sample provided by You.

• About that sKetchup sample model on Wedsite.. In Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused

Model which I downloaded 115 MB went down to 60...

Plus there are some materials which are Used but not on faces so don't change anything on render but purge will not remove them..

• Maybe for now Just add as a default one folder named "Textures" or "Materials" (or both) in the same directory as *.skp file, which ENS whould search for missing files before declaring them missing.. maybe recurently..
    And maybe in General Settings > Customization tab You could add a "Texturing" lokation(s) where user could define lokation of his own desire where he stores his textures..

Recurently because I have mine arranged in folders by material.. as do anybody else, I guess, who has more than 20 textures + bump etc..

This two things should be enough to pass projects between teams who have shared location for texturing files on server .. as well as finding those missing textures in sample provided by You.

Some solution like this sounds good and fairly easy to import in the software.

• Maybe for now Just add as a default one folder named "Textures" or "Materials" (or both) in the same directory as *.skp file, which ENS whould search for missing files before declaring them missing.. maybe recurently.. TellDunkin

Contrary to most other renderer forums of this kind, this forum here is not really a so big source of fresh bubbling informations ;) - no idea why !

So if some more people here could at least screenshot their used settings or screenshot their model etc. it would be an informal added value for all of us.