Rtx vs gtx

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

is rtx give the better result of reflection than gtx?

I'm using gtx 970. I always get a bad result of mirror reflection, some details are missing.

Thanks a lot for your question. Mirrors (or off-screenspace reflections) will not be "perfect" as of yet due to real-time rendering / graphics card power limitations as in, there'll be objects / details missing in mirrors, even with an RTX card. With an RTX card you'll have better reflections / indirect lighting and improved performance compared to a GTX card though. But as of yet, mirrors especially will not reflect everything which is not directly in your view, especially when coming close directly in front of an mirror / mirrored surface.

Can you still maybe send me a screenshot of your reflections to have look at? :)

• All rendered with RTX card. So far reflextion look ok for me. Natural lighting just from playing with contrast and brightness setting.. then click render.. BOOOMMM!! done. ( im not good at rendering, mostly spending days just to get nice render and 'accuracy'..) So Enscape is my solution.

• All rendered with RTX card. So far reflextion look ok for me. Natural lighting just from playing with contrast and brightness setting.. then click render.. BOOOMMM!! done. ( im not good at rendering, mostly spending days just to get nice render and 'accuracy'..) So Enscape is my solution.

look at the mirror , what is that shadows come from ?

• The mirror reflections of the first image would be for my clients not acceptable. Still images needs to be nearly perfect.

Im architecture designer ( freelance ) for the bungalow house around 4000-5000 sqft, building, ( small to medium scale project ). I do floor plan and the concept of the house. When client agree, I will pass my design to architect department for submission drawing etc.

Building / house design + simple interior + exterior landscape + fencing. I need to finish atleast 2 design in a week. In 2 week I can finish 4 design, and another 2 week I will off to spent time with my family, picnic, fishing or gaming.

My client dont care about the mirror reflection problem in the image. What they care is.. COST, PRACTICALITY, CONCEPT, THEME. It is good practices for you to provide nearly perfect render to client. Good for you. Hope you make good money then.

I switched from 3DSmax to sketchup
    - because i can model faster

- easy measuring while design something
    - the sketchup viewport is presentable to client. discuss and measure

I switched from Vray & Octane to Enscape
    - no more wasting time ( take hours for ONE 'nearly perfect' image? no thanks )
    - no more test n error ( Enscape - what you see in viewport is what you gonna get )
    - render as much as you want.. since it very fast
    - save as exe so you can use it for presentation/share ( its about 70% like UE4 )

• Official Post

Our reflections are not true-to-life perfect, yet. There are still technical limitations which have to be kept in mind and we're using a real-time rendering engine of course, so there will always be a balance which has to be kept between performance and visual output. Still, we do improve our reflections with basically every release, and since hardware gets only more and more capable, soon the limitations will be even less obvious.

Prime , in your case specifically I would also advice to make the scene a little bit brighter. Noise like this usually occurs when the scene is rather dark in general, or when a lot of emissive light sources are being used. So maybe generally also make use of the "Artificial Light Brightness" slider in the Atmosphere tab.

You can also gladly send me your scene at hand for me to check out, but the shadows in the second image you've shared for example looks relatively normal to me. Some artifacts in reflections are still possible, but in this it looks like it's just the shadow which you also see casted outside the reflection, albeit a bit darker, so brightening your scene may also help with that, too.