Crashes happening so frequently, probably going to stop using Enscape soon

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • :cursing:

I have been experiencing crashes so much lately that it's completely souring my opinion of Enscape. Of course it's been happening during deadline craziness, too...

Especially irritating is the video path editor, it made me crash and slow down yesterday innumerable times. And the editor itself is the weirdest, clunkiest thing to manipulate. If there was a more detailed way to edit each camera position that would really nice. And if there was a way edit the camera target position and not just the camera itself. And sometimes the camera does things that it should do according to what the path looks like, it just stops and turns...!?!

Also, I only got an error report pop-up once out of who knows how many times. Oh, and I made sure to not have Photoshop or Illustrator running while I was working.

Anyway, that's my rant for today. ;(

I have a 2080ti, btw. So I should be fine right? What's wrong with Enscape?

• I was going to use it for a very basic animation and it didn't work properly. Uninstalled and reinstalled 2.5 and all good. Not sure why they decided to separate the settings. Doesn't make sense to me. If it ain't broke why fix it?

The settings are split in an effort to minimise 'button overload' and increase the ease of use: I think that the concept is to have three different layers of settings -

- Global (company wide settings that remain constant every time you use Enscape)

- Project (file, save and location settings that change every project) and

- Scene (settings that change scene by scene).

Just now the middle one is a bit confused; some of the settings within the general settings can change per project (depending on your workflow) and some* of the visual settings are not saved within the scene (*most).

It has been stated a few times that the current setting layout is a WIP and will probably change while they fine-tune it - but it's just as "broke" and in need of "fixing" as a few other things on the wishlist.

• Official Post

Thank you all for your reports - I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues. To anyone who is still experiencing crashes, please be so very kind as to send in a dedicated feedback report as described here, with a link to this thread in the submission form, or a short description of the issue.

Generally, if you experience crashes, please always submit a feedback report - this will transfer machine information, log files and everything else which is vital to analyze the cause behind such a problem, and will allow us to resolve the problem as quickly as possible too.

And the editor itself is the weirdest, clunkiest thing to manipulate. If there was a more detailed way to edit each camera position that would really nice. And if there was a way edit the camera target position and not just the camera itself. And sometimes the camera does things that it should do according to what the path looks like, it just stops and turns...!?!

When you click on any keyframe you enter the corresponding camera, where you can re-setup the target and position.

Regarding the last issue, feel free to briefly send in a corresponding camera path with which you experience this issue for me to check out. There should be a specific reason behind this, but to make sure this is not caused by a bug or something, the camera path for troubleshooting would be great.

Finally vjaramillo , would you like to simply revert this change completely, or do you just want to adjust some things in it? :)

• Installed 2.6 again since I was done with my deadline. Played around with it. It did crash a couple of times during my work session.

Did you send feedback with logs? ;)

• hmmm when my enscape gone down that was during low RAM

i have 32gb of ram which is mediocre .....

It has probably happened due to the low GPU VRAM.

• Hi, dvsone1440. Do you mind telling me what kind of hardware are you working with?

My hardware is 1070 32gb of ram. But I am not sure what that has to do with my point? As I was saying, "no crashing here" instead I was responding to the comment about the additional menu. I find multiple tabs in one menu much easier to deal with from a menu to screen real estate point of view. I have all my sketchup menus I need access to (materials scenes layers etc..) + Enscape Materials menu, Asset library menu, Visual menu and now yet another menu with the general settings. I am often going back and forth between these and they just take up too much screen space. I can't control the size of them either. Sketchup allows you to combine them and tab through pages which is essentially how it worked before but now I have yet another menu I have to keep track of. I would prefer to see all the enscape menus combined so you can tab through them. To me adding another menu I have to keep up is the wrong direction.