Can Enscape be used with the Oculus Quest?

• Quite a few customers have asked us if Enscape is supporting the Oculus Quest - while the Oculus Quest is not yet officially supported (there are no standalone files for example yet which could be used with this device), we have received quite a few positive reports from users which used the following software to stream Enscape into the Oculus Quest:

- ALVR

- VRidge

Keep in mind that you'll have to have a working internet connection - the faster the better when it comes to avoiding latency.

Alternatively, you can also connect the headset with a dedicated cable to your machine. For more information check out this article here (Oculus Link Beta). It works great with Enscape and we have tested it ourselves too!

If you have some good experience with a different streaming software besides the two mentioned above, feel free to let me know via PM and I'll add it to the list. :)

For general inquiries or questions, feel free to create a thread in this forum, or contact support@enscape3d.com

• Hi there,

We are using Microsoft Surface Book 2 and 3 and are wondering if the dedicated cable will make Oculus Quest work with Enscape in a mobile setup, so we can take it to our clients?

• Hi there,

We are using Microsoft Surface Book 2 and 3 and are wondering if the dedicated cable will make Oculus Quest work with Enscape in a mobile setup, so we can take it to our clients?

If you go for the models which have a dedicated GPU included, it may work but I don't think that the performance will be great - you should be able to run Enscape VR in Draft or Medium quality, but for a fluent experience with higher quality we'd recommend something like a gaming laptop.

We haven't tested this combination ourselves, so definitely also make sure that the Surface Books you're acquiring are meeting our system requirements - I'm pretty sure that with a mobile GTX 1060 Enscape VR should be possible as mentioned but on lower quality settings. If the project(s) are on the large scale though, we rather recommend a gaming laptop or generally a laptop with at least a GTX 1070.

If budget would allow, you can of course go for something like a RTX 2060 or 2070, even a RTX 2080 to be VR and futureproof.

• I've tried using my Oculus Quest with Enscape on both my laptop and desktop via a link cable, and Enscape fails to find the headset on either. I've tried going through all the recommendations in this and other threads. I know my computers and the headset can see each other, as I've been able to access a virtual desktop via the headset.

• :thumbsup:
    • :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o