Oculus Link / Enscape

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I just tested Enscape with Oculus link and Quest 2 and it works beautifully. Just install the Oculus software, plug in your Quest with a link cable, add your Quest to the Oculus software and run VR with Enscape as you normally would and it works! The one thing I am still trying to figure out is to go wireless using Virtual Desktop. I will report back if I get that to work.

Im particularly interested in the experience with virtual desktop. Since I now have a Quest one and my customer also seemed to be 'annoyed' by the link cable.

• So I did get it to work (kinda) through SteamVR using the Quest2 wirelessly through Virtual Desktop. The one issue I faced was that Enscape didn't properly detect my Touch controllers and I could only use teleport with the trigger. Anyone else able to get Enscape to work wirelessly through Virtual Desktop this way?

Edit: OK I just realized that I have to press down on the thumbstick in order to get them to enable the motion. So I did get this to work!

You need to purchase Virtual Desktop from the Oculus Store, install the Virtual desktop app through SideQuest, enable developer mode as per the instructions at the Sidequest website, install SteamVR. and install Virtual Desktop Streamer on your workstation. Once you have all of this going, make sure Virtual Desktop Streamer is running, run Enscape with VR mode running, then in the Quest headset, open Virtual Desktop and start in in VR mode, this should take you to SteamVR where you can make sure that the Enscape application is running and then you should go right into your model.

• Hi all,

I find that with using the Link on Quest 2 the view is not that clear as for instance the games or oculus home?

I use the original link cable and run the Oculus Software in Beta. The quality of Enscape is lower / less sharp than other applications. Turned Ultra rendering on. Tested this on two systems, one with a RTX2080Ti and on RTX5000.

Is the resolution capped or something?

And thank you Vstudio for pointing me out to press down the thumbstick while in Streaming Mode with Virtual Studio ;)

• I heard that Quest just released the 90hz update. Maybe try that again but I suspect that Enscape is doing something on it's end to limit quality. I have never been super impressed with Enscape's quality in VR, at least not after testing something that was done using Unreal.

• Do you know where to find something (some demo perhaps) to experience unreal (archviz) in VR? Because even though I enjoy Enscape, I also have the feeling their VR is superior, but I only saw videos from it.

A while back I tested the Unreal Paris apartment done by Benoit Dereau. It really gives a sense of what is possible using Unreal, but understand that what they have done here is top tier stuff. You wont get stuff looking like this without a decent amount of experience under your belt. The reason I use Enscape is the ease of getting a model into VR. It's still rather cumbersome to get stuff from Unreal into a headset looking like this. Anyway, here is a link to his website where you can download the file to check it out yourself.

https://www.benoitdereau.com/

• Steam VR allows Enscape to send to a VR headset, Virtual Desktop, makes your workstation think you have a VR headset connected with a wire (although you need to install the Virtual Desktop app from Side Quest on your Quest).

This scenario is if you want to go wireless - otherwise use a Link cable and you don't have to deal with any of this. I also think you may get better resolution, with the latest update but I have not tested this as I do not have a Link cable yet.

• Just arrived to this thread,

Also using VD on a remote machine. Actually just running the .exe

It's massively annoying that one has to press the thumbsticks in order to navigat.

I feel i'll have the oculus joysticks ruined soon.

Is there a better way to do this. I don't think it can be fixed through the steam bindings, since they are already set to touch, not press.

Any hints welcome!

Best,

Fabian