General Requests / Comments from an Interior Design Teacher

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Firstly I would like to thank Enscape for the continued effort to improve this amazing program. I have been teaching my 2nd year Interior Design students digital rendering using Revit and Sketchup with Enscape as the catalyst. The results continue to impress me the more I use it. With the new 2.6 update I have a few suggestions for improvement and some comments, some points may not be directly related to the new update but more of a general comment.

Settings

The split of the setting menus with 2.6 was a great move, having all the visual settings separate makes for better work flow. Two functions were removed in the process, save settings and reset tab. I found these two functions great in the class room. Reset tab helped as may students use the same workstation and settings are always different. A simple reset before starting helped to start from a clean slate. Saving visual settings was great for testing different styles or saving adjustments as each views may need different settings.

Skybox/HDRI's

These keep getting better with every update with quality and selection. Setting the background white is something we always use as well. I especially love the city scape of Greenpoint Park with Table Mountain in the background, this is the city I live in and it always makes the students smile.

Enscape objects

When light points, sphere and point, aren't an option I resorted to material illumination. Great feature, used a lot for those acsents, but not always powerful enough for the job. I started using the Linear, Rectangular and Disk light emitting objects. I found that they caused a few issues, pc slowed down with live window open and even crashed the program a few times. I didn't use them often before 2.6 so can't say the update was the problem.

Assets

This library is amazing, please keep it up. I found so many useful items and the people are great. This reduces the feeling size and smoothness.

Render preview

I accidentally found this function the other day. When changing the ratio for export the live window updated with a preview. It was great as I teach image ratios with my students but this function worked irregularly.

Parallel projection renders

I have seen this on the list of new items on the next update but wanted to mention that it's a needed function. For every project my students create it is usually accompanied by elevations / sections and plans. They have to resort to exports from the base program for these. For presentation purposes this doesn't look as good as the amazing renders Enscape produces.

VR function

This was the main reason I chose Enscape when looking for new software, little did I know that rendering stills in Enscape would have such amazing results as well. Love the view selections tabs for Revit. Plan indicator is basic but awesome to have. I found the new update had some re-location issues with only letting you position yourself next to objects. This only happened half the time and not with every model. We currently have 2 HTC vives and hope to have a headset attached to every workstation one day.

Keep it up Enscape team, I am proud to tell all that BHC supports you,

See some renders attached from class the other day. We were playing with lighting from artificial & natural sources.

Kind regards

JUSTIN GOMES-LUIS

BHC School of Design

• Thank you for your kind feedback! We are happy to hear that you like many new additions to the product. The parallel projection implementation progresses nicely, we hope you'll like it :)