background color

• I completely agree to jan1

There should be the option to add a custom background color (e.g. Shaderlight offers the option "SketchUp Background" - this solution is clever I think, because the renderer should refer even here to the used modelling software if wanted).

And it is absolutely necessary to be able to use a background only as a wallpaper option - without any influence on the exposure.

• is it possible to make an option with more then only white background color ? i mean full color palette or maybe my own image ?

You can do it right now - simply draw a very basic "skybox" filled with a plain color you want and use it.

I've recorded your wish to be able to pick background color instead of having white-only option.

why background color changing my lightning setup ?

Environment map has influence on the scene lighting just like the environment you see in the window has influence on the lighting conditions in your room.

And it is absolutely necessary to be able to use a background only as a wallpaper option - without any influence on the exposure.

This has unfortanutely nothing to do with the physics of light which Enscape rendering is based on. E.g., what should be reflected in a reflective object outdoor when a background without influence on the materials is used? How to treat portions of the screen containing the wallpaper when calculating exposure?

Material ID channel export option can be used, however, to easily replace the background if you wish.

• is it possible to exclude color background from GI calculation ? if not i am quite afraid any other color will damage whole ilumination/maybe black will not/ .....which is useless.

:(

At least not at the moment I'm afraid - your feedback will still be forwarded.