Dedicated GPU

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • There seems to be a limitation concerning the GPU Enscape uses.

In a case where multiple GPUs are installed. Enscape seems to be unable to be related to a different GPU. other that what Archicad uses.

That means that in case of a full detail settings for both Archicad and ENSCAPE , there might be glitches because of using only one GPU for both Archicad 3d Display and Enscape.

These are more often when the views are synchronized.

Via the Nvidia settings,even when you set custom a profile for Enscape, Enscape is still binded to Archicad's GPU.

This probably related to the core of Enscape.

What are the chances for this to be resolved. I am sure this step is also leading a multi GPU functionality but for the moment an independent GPU just for Enscape will make workflow better.

Thanks.

• ArchitectsVR - We are aware of the requirement that users have for Multi GPU support, in the form of SLI for example. Enscape currently only uses one GPU, no matter how many GPU's are available.

The developers are working on resolving this, but I am confused about how ArchiCAD is effecting this at the present time, as ArchiCAD uses the CPU for rendering,

Are you saying that you are getting these 'glitches'? Can you provide some evidence to show this, so the developers can understand better what you are referring to?

• Official Post

Via the Nvidia settings,even when you set custom a profile for Enscape, Enscape is still binded to Archicad's GPU.

This probably related to the core of Enscape.

What are the chances for this to be resolved. I am sure this step is also leading a multi GPU functionality but for the moment an independent GPU just for Enscape will make workflow better.

When Enscape is executed by the ArchiCAD plugin it's running in the same process as ArchiCAD. This is currently limiting your options on setting up specific driver profiles etc: Since it's the same process the driver can't distinguish between the two.

We did some evaluation on if it's feasible to run the Enscape renderer in a different process than the plugin/CAD, however this would have a signficant impact on the export/update performance. So that is probably not going to happen anytime soon.

In case of a multi-gpu setup there might be other options to actively select a specific gpu for Enscape to run on. This is however something we'd have to look into first, I'm able to give a comment about feasibility.

Hope that helps!