Lighting difference between render and preview

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Thanks for your report!

This is not a bug - this kind of "bleeding" occurs due to performance reasons, at least when it comes to emissive surfaces. Is this generally a problem for you, or do the renderings turn out as you desire? :)

• This is not a bug - this kind of "bleeding" occurs due to performance reasons, at least when it comes to emissive surfaces. Is this generally a problem for you, or do the renderings turn out as you desire? :)

I am having issues with this as well. There is a very noticeable difference between live view and the actual render when it comes to emissive surfaces. The "bleeding" is desired most of the time as I am using it as a light source. However there is not an even fall off of light in the renders, but there is in the live view. Seems like it should be the other way around...

Don't know if there is a technique/tutorial that shows how to make the light fall off more even, but if anyone knows of one that would help a lot.

• MKaufman02 If you are using emissive materials to create a light strip, but want some more defined fall off, you might try playing around with a line light instead.

• I am not using it to create just a strip of light. I am trying using it to light up a large area without having to place a thousand lights, as that would take far too long. I am trying to get a night time aerial shot of about a 100 acre site, so placing enough lights to make it look proper would start to bog down the model. Plus the Enscape lights do not seem to be emitting any light until they are turned up to 5,000 cd, at which point it is too bright, and looks like a white dot. I don't know if this is because the camera is too far away from the light for it to register.

I guess I'm just wondering if there are any techniques/tutorials for lighting large areas. All of the tutorials I can find on the Enscape website (or Youtube for that matter) consist of single rooms or small houses. Is Enscape just optimized for smaller spaces?

• I am not using it to create just a strip of light. I am trying using it to light up a large area without having to place a thousand lights, as that would take far too long. I am trying to get a night time aerial shot of about a 100 acre site, so placing enough lights to make it look proper would start to bog down the model. Plus the Enscape lights do not seem to be emitting any light until they are turned up to 5,000 cd, at which point it is too bright, and looks like a white dot. I don't know if this is because the camera is too far away from the light for it to register.

I guess I'm just wondering if there are any techniques/tutorials for lighting large areas. All of the tutorials I can find on the Enscape website (or Youtube for that matter) consist of single rooms or small houses. Is Enscape just optimized for smaller spaces?

Helen Reinold  Demian Gutberlet

• MKaufman02 Thanks for your reply! Could you share a screenshot of the area you are generally trying to light up, so I can get a better idea of what you are trying to achieve? Thanks in advance!