Video Editor ideas

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have two suggestions that I believe could greatly improve the video editor aspect of Enscape.

First, would it be possible to add a control points button for the video path on top of the key frame addition button. These would end up manipulating the video path without adding time to the video or changing up camera angle For instance I don't want to add a key frame to the fly around video path I'm using that consists of four key frames at north south east and west. The video path is taking the shortest route to each instead of creating a complete circle around the project. If I add a key frame the smoothness of the camera panning is interrupted and takes much longer to get in a presentable state. Ive also found going down a winding driveway, adding key frames can mess with the speed of the camera at the bends creating a unrealistic slow down that someone in real life driving down the driveway wouldn't make. These can be fixed using the key frame editor but again takes way more time than necessary.

Second, Is there a way to create (maybe make it a key binding) that would lock the camera at a specific height. Since using W moves the camera forward toward the focus point instead of on the xy axis its very easy to mess up a keyframe in a video path if the goal was to keep all the keyframes on one eye level.

Just some ideas that i would like to see implemented but i'm open to other solutions if they are out there.

• There are a few threads about editing/adding in one keyframe between two existing ones and how it changes the timing: it is something that could do with improvement.

For the second one, I'm not sure how "walk mode" works with camera paths, but it sounds like this is what you need. (You can set the "Spectator Height" from the General Settings dialogue - between 1m and 2.1m.)

• @ Gadget I was pretty sure I had seen a thread on the first topic before but could not find it so I'm glad its been talked about before. As per the second topic, iI know about how the walk mode works, but if you're doing a fly around that isn't between 1 and 2.1m there isn't a good option to keep camera height consistent. My hope was to get something implemented that works without a janky work around.

• Technically you could 'hack' the fly-through path once it's generated (it's a spreadsheet) and change the vertical, but this would only make it constant with the model's 0 plane rather than a surface in the model.

I think it's a really good idea to be able to adjust the camera height beyond the "human height" limit that it's currently stuck to.

• I'm not real tech savy and was looking for a decent(and easy :wink: ) editing software and was seeing what folks might suggest. Thanks for any recommendations {hs#