Best practice for glass?

• Sometimes my glass looks great and others it does not. Whats the best practice for glass in Enscape? I assume you want a solid an not just a 'fake' plane. What diffuse color should we use? I know some engines like pure black.

• Sometimes my glass looks great and others it does not. Whats the best practice for glass in Enscape? I assume you want a solid an not just a 'fake' plane. What diffuse color should we use? I know some engines like pure black.

Both a plane, or a solid (for solids make sure to that each face has the glass material applied) should work just fine.

Have you already tried something like the following:

When the Opacity is set to 0,0% anyway, it doesn't matter which Color you've selected.

You can also gladly go into more detail as to why your Glass doesn't look as good as expected in the project(s) of yours. :)

• Note: I would advise that you do not use a full rectangular box as a pane for glass table tops, shelves or screens - if you don't delete the bottom/inside edge then you will find that you can get Z fighting (flickering) and that the "inside" (deleted) surface makes reflections really weird (it reflects the sky through the geometry).

I would advise against using any drinking glasses or translucent bottles for decor in your model: you need to be able to disguise the lack of shadow and light passing through them.

• Is frosted glass working? Because it doesn't seem to be.

It blurs the background looking through glass based on the defined roughness of the material. Try it out for yourself! :) Also, every time you hover over a setting, you'll get a little bit of help/a short explanation of what the setting does on the bottom of the open dialogue/window.

• Hello VStudio, for glasses i use this setting with low bump:

for deforming effect (glasses is not plane at 100%) i use à noise texture in png format into BUMP

after go into bump and set a big value

and i have this result

if you set little value into the noise BUMP and set the bump effetc to hight you have a frosted effect.

• for deforming effect (glasses is not plane at 100%) i use à noise texture in png format into BUMP

I would recommend using a JPG rather than PNG

Using a PNG also stores an alpha channel transparency map that is loaded as part of reading the graphic information from within the image (even if it is blank and even if the program doesn't use that bit.) For one texture it probably won't make too much of a difference, but unless you really need to have a transparency mask, I would recommend always using a JPG.

The other thing to do for frosted glass is to have the glazing colour towards the 'white' end of grey rather than the normal 'black' end that you would use for clear glass... There are many different obscure glass patterns you can get - depending on how you want it to look will determine how you approach the material. (https://www.pilkington.com/en-…olders/decorative-glazing)