Wish: exposure and lens length control for exported exe

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

today I have seen my first Enscape3D VR and I'm impressed. Gratulation!!!

Two little things I missed:

* a control for the lens length (good for small interiors) ( maybe additional a lens length can be predefined per room and automatic smooth changed if a new room is reached)

* a way to fix the exposure, for example in an interior if I turn my head around than the exposure could be fixed also if a bright window in in the field of view

Ciao,

Micha

• Micha

• Lens length: I presume this will make people instantly motion sick.
    • Exposure: Just deactivate auto exposure in the General tab of the Enscape settings.
  • * lens lenght: ok, than a manual way could be great, for example Ctrl + Scroll wheel. I got the idea as I was gone through a "standalone" house. At the small rooms the view angle was to narrow. I know this feature from a pano viewer.

* Exposure: wish refined: it could be great to manual adjust the manual set exposure of a standalone. Useful, if interior and exteriors are in one scene and the auto exposure can't be used. For example Shift + scrool wheel or Shift + +/-.

PS: I loaded a standalone from somewhere at the web and run in this issues, so in this cases I had no control about the creation process. So, maybe it could be added to enable/disable the auto exposure at standalone level too.

• Micha

• Lens: Oculus Rift has a FOV of close to 90 degrees. You would receive massive distortion
    • Exposure: So you want to disable the realistic lighting in order to have everything brightened up. Have you tested the behavior with 100% Ambient Brightness in the Image tab of the Enscape settings.

Yeah, you don't have settings in a standalone file.

• FOV - I thought on a simple walk through on a PC screen. For example often I create 3D visualizations of air plane interiors and the lavatories or galley areas are very tight, but in the passenger area a normal lens is fine.

Exposure - my impression is that the automatic exposure is to aggressive. If I want to show an interior, than I don't need a well exposured exterior behind the windows. Maybe the automatic exposure could get an "interior" flag option (and a shortcut at the standalone) that helps to avoid to stand in a black room with a nice scene outside only.

"FOV - I thought on a simple walk through on a PC screen. For example often I create 3D visualizations of air plane interiors and the lavatories or galley areas are very tight, but in the passenger area a normal lens is fine."

We allso are missing this feature a lot when doing screen presentations and or exe stand alone presentations - would be great to have the lens length of the rhinoviews baked into the view!

• would be great to have the lens length of the rhinoviews baked into the view!

Simon Weinberger I suppose so it's a bug. I didn't notice it before but checked now and it looks like one lens length is used for all views at the standalone.

Jonathan Knoefel But also I hope we get a control to change the lens length if we go through a VR. Yesterday I went thought a VR train and as I went to the lavatory room, the field of view was much to narrow. Maybe the feature could be enabled for non-HMD modes.