Importance of CPU for a Sketchup+Enscape pc

• Hey friends.

I am about to buy a new PC for Enscape+Sketchup, but i just cant be sure how powerfull or expensive the pcu should be?

These are my options:

i9 9900k, i7 9700k, Ryzen 9 3900x, Ryzen 7 3800x

My questions :

- Is 9700k will be enough for me?

- Will I ever need the AMD's multi threads?

- Is "geting and amd pcu" a risk using with nvidia gpu? etc...

I would be happy if you guys can enlighten me. My brain is about to blow up :)

(BTW On the gpu side Im planning to get a rtx 2060 super)

:)thanks

• Altan Altunbas , welcome to our forum! Right off the bat, Enscape renders videos, renderings, or the real-time output using the GPU only. The RTX 2060 in that case is a great pick for Enscape! You'll be VR ready too. :)

Furthermore, it does now only depend on whether or not you're working with rather large projects in SketchUp, otherwise you would also be fine with something like an i7 or i5 even! But in this case, if you can, go for the i9 9700k which should be more than enough for SketchUp and Enscape. RTX 2060 + i9 9700k = very good combination! ;)

• The new AMD lineup is definitely great, Sketchup though is single thread bound so the massive core count won't be of much help. I'd save some cash by going 9700k instead of 9900k, take that cash and upgrade to a 2070 super, if you can stretch it a bit more then a 2080 (super) might be even better.

• I personal would build a AMD PC with a RTX GPU. If you get into any advance video editing or UE4 or VRAY content those extra Threads from your Ryzen will be super helpful. The new Ryzen 3950X CPU is crushing Intel!

• Thanks a lot Demian Gutberlet . Its great to be here with all you nice guys :) I felt in love with Enscape and I'm sure its going to be more awesome with time thanks to you :)

Did i misunderstand it or you recommend i7 9700k rather than others? ( Because there you say "i9 9700k" may be mistake ) If so, I'll stick with i7 9700k :thumbup:Would it be too much if i want to hear your thouhts about AMD pcu family too?

MatthiasL thank you so much for advices, you bet i try to strech as possible as i can :) Im affraid I have to keep some to buy my main tool Enscape too :)

Im sure the "thread" difference is perceivable jtubb

• Altan Altunbas , pardon if I've caused some confusion, but what I wanted to say is that you would be of fine with an i7 (current or even older generation too) because Enscape is mainly utilizing the GPU not CPU. :) But still, go with an i9, or if you'd prefer and have a limited budget, with a current gen i7 for example and then spend more on the GPU. Just an idea! :)

Also, I don't have much experience with AMD CPU's I have to say, but I'm pretty sure that the current generation of AMD CPU's are also more than capable to run SketchUp with larger/complex projects of course - again, for Enscape it would still not be as relevant as the GPU!

Hope this helps!

• Altan Altunbas , pardon if I've caused some confusion, but what I wanted to say is that you would be of fine with an i7 (current or even older generation too) because Enscape is mainly utilizing the GPU not CPU. :) But still, go with an i9, or if you'd prefer and have a limited budget, with a current gen i7 for example and then spend more on the GPU. Just an idea! :)

Also, I don't have much experience with AMD CPU's I have to say, but I'm pretty sure that the current generation of AMD CPU's are also more than capable to run SketchUp with larger/complex projects of course - again, for Enscape it would still not be as relevant as the GPU!

Hope this helps!

Of course that helped and eventually i got i7 9700k + 2060 Super Combination on my desk now :) Thanks again.

• my question is : will enscape support future raytrace GPUs which is not from nvidia ?

i mean amd and intel gpus ....

Software raytracing is of course something which is supported by Enscape for a long time now, once AMD/Intel releases their own hardware raytracing support, we can also look into supporting that, but chances are that they will simply support NVIDIA's RTX tech as well. Still unknown so far. :)

Of course that helped and eventually i got i7 9700k + 2060 Super Combination on my desk now :) Thanks again.

Happy to hear that!! Enjoy your new setup Altan Altunbas . :)