Atmosphere when using a Skybox

• It does not look good because the skybox does not contain any geometric information on how far away things are. Therefore, the fog would be always too strong or has to be limited at a distance which would both look fake. It could look okay in a few cases but we do not want to offer a feature that usually does not work.

• That's unfortunate to hear. I would have assumed since you were using the bright spot at the sun location you could generally do something similar with the Atmospheric fog, Assume that if the bright spot were the sun location as it normally was then the atmospheric fog would generally act the same. This would obviously be a problem in scenes using an indoor skybox for a product rendering, but I don't know anybody who would want atmospheric fog for that anyway.

Is there possibly a way I could hack it to try it out and see if it works in my scene? If not that's okay too, just though i would ask. Thanks for the quick response Thomas!

• Is there possibly a way I could hack it to try it out and see if it works in my scene? If not that's okay too, just though i would ask. Thanks for the quick response Thomas!

That's not possible right now, but we will keep it in mind. Maybe we'll find a good solution to combine skybox & fog in future releases.

• I setup a nice evening mood based on a HDRI and I miss the fog too. Could be nice to define a fog diameter for something like a fog sphere around the scene center. The Enscape sun rays through fog are very beautiful, it's a pity to disclaim for it. Good luck for finding a way to implement it.