Oculus Quest with Link Support=

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

With the release of the Oculus Link, I was wondering if Enscape will support this feature in the future?

That should actually be working already just fine - only problems which may occur are due to the fact that the Quest controllers are not 100% fully supported, but, we've still received quite a few positive reports regarding the Quest tethered to a PC, using it with Enscape. :) gladly report your experiences as well if you're gonna try it out for yourself!

• Official Post

oh!! what a great find! I just gave it a swing, I didn't realize you had to enable the Link capability (again!) from inside the quest. Thank you!

Enjoy!! Again, gladly share any experiences with us - how well it works, any feedback, or in case you experience any (blocker) problems! :)

• As soon I received Anker cable I tested it and... It runs fine!!!! From Revit to Quest in less than 20 seconds. My dreams came true. Doing presentations to customers with a portable workstation and Quest in their facilities now is possible without the need of coding APKs in Unreal Engine! No sensors! All inside a trolley for flying!

If somebody wants to see a recorded gameplay, take a look at this post, at the end it is. Sorry, it is in spanish language but I think you can undertand the steps to carry on.

https://vriverity.com/2019/11/30/oculus-link-beta/

• Santiago_Rivera Amazing to hear your experience!

Would you say the Quest Link method has significance advantage to Rift S?

Because that is still quite portable, but no variable with the cable issue.

Thank you!

The question floats inmediately in my opinion and it 's really true that if you have a Rift S it hasn't any sense to connect a Quest with Oculus Link. But for people as me who has a Rift CV1 a Vive and a Quest the Oculus Link concept is fantastic. Not to mention that if I would have a Rift S I would use it and travel to customer's facilities with it. Less middleware, less intermediaries always is better, I think. What will things be in the future, if a Oculus Link based on Wifi appears as John Carmack suggested past Oculus Connect conference...? Nobody knows.

• As soon I received Anker cable I tested it and... It runs fine!!!! From Revit to Quest in less than 20 seconds. My dreams came true. Doing presentations to customers with a portable workstation and Quest in their facilities now is possible without the need of coding APKs in Unreal Engine! No sensors! All inside a trolley for flying!

If somebody wants to see a recorded gameplay, take a look at this post, at the end it is. Sorry, it is in spanish language but I think you can undertand the steps to carry on.

https://vriverity.com/2019/11/30/oculus-link-beta/

I am really excited to hear that the oculus link works with enscape! I know Demian wrote earlier that the quest controller may not work 100% with enscape, so I am curious about how well the quest controller worked for you? Did the controller give you any problems while using enscape?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHz, 16.0 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Windows 10

• This may be preliminary, since I have not tested it, but the Rift S and Quest controller are the same and should behave the same. I can see in @Santiago_Rivera 's video that Enscape selected the right controller model, so it should work out of the box. I would be quite interested so know how well it worked and if the controller label where placed properly.