Is there a way to create your own enscape proxies to revit?

• I am working with a tree model in white material, that i want to use, but it is a bit heavy to work with.

I was thinking about making my own enscape proxies to revit, is there a way to do that? :)

• Maarsso

Changed the title of the thread from “IS there a way to create your own enscape proxies to revit?” to “Is there a way to create your own enscape proxies to revit?”.
  • Hi Maarsso ,

Unfortunately, there is no way known to me in Revit to save a model externally and then place it via placeholder to load in Enscape exclusively.

You can, however, pick any Revit family and tell Enscape to replace it with an existing Asset, but it doesn't sound like that's the solution you're looking for.

On the other hand, we're working towards a solution to allow you to import external 3D models into the asset library, and we're very much looking forward to that!

• I tested the program and it's great! , but it is not good at all if you have to add specific assets. Ie: if you are working on a project like museum, hospital, refurbishment with unique piece of furniture.

I'll also gladly forward any specific Asset requests you have, feel free to share them with me! :)

• Demian Gutberlet Maybe som tree models without textures just white, to use when you are trying to get a more model look?

Gladly forwarding this particular request. This also falls into the category of being able to have different texture options for our Assets as well, so I'll upvote that feature request too! :)

• We would love to see a generic white (or black) version for things like trees and especially people as well.

The 3d people can be a distraction, especially when the model is still in a conceptual state. Being able to quickly make the people look more conceptual would be very helpful. Sometimes white works best, sometimes black will work better (it depends on the general colors used in the model).

We often can't use the overall 'white mode' because we do want to some at least some textures (for example the major finishes of the building).

• We would love to see a generic white (or black) version for things like trees and especially people as well.

The 3d people can be a distraction, especially when the model is still in a conceptual state. Being able to quickly make the people look more conceptual would be very helpful. Sometimes white works best, sometimes black will work better (it depends on the general colors used in the model).

We often can't use the overall 'white mode' because we do want to some at least some textures (for example the major finishes of the building).

Forwarded your feedback as well Pieter, thank you!

• I'ts really a BIG issue that we can't create our own proxies / assets. Right now I need a chair that is not in the library so I can't create the view I need.

It's fine that we can suggest assets, but it's impossible to cover all users needs.

Jorgensen

• I'ts really a BIG issue that we can't create our own proxies / assets. Right now I need a chair that is not in the library so I can't create the view I need.

It's fine that we can suggest assets, but it's impossible to cover all users needs.

Jorgensen

Thanks for your feedback. In this case, what hinders you from simply placing any chair you prefer in your project? I suppose it's just easier and more convenient to do if you were able to import your own Assets? Simply asking so that I can forward that as further feedback as well.

• Totally understand that - thank you! :)

• Totally understand that - thank you! :)

To add to Jorgensen's comment, we also typically want a highly abstract symbol in drawings (especially for trees), but a detailed model in Renderings. So the new proxy feature is terrific! What isn't clear to me is:
    - do you have to link the asset for every file? and does the file maintain the proxy between different user workstations, like if a colleague opens the file?
    - does it link to families only, or types as well? To keep my revit files organize I like to have things like trees organized by species (family) and size (type). So all of my Maple trees from 15-45' are in one family. Can I specify the proxy to the Type level?