Adding a perforated mesh material to a curved surface - ISSUE w/ Triangulating planes

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Has any one run in to this issue?

I am trying to create a curved perforated panel system to be rendered in Enscape. I am working with geometry imported in to Sketchup from Rhino. Because the planes are curved Sketchup wants to triangulate the curved segments. (See Images) Unfortunately, the perforated material is also segmented. Are there any ways around this? Or plug ins that can help? I have tried smooth surfaces and didn't have any luck.

Thank you,

• Official Post

rubleyr , can you perhaps generally send over the project itself for me to have a look at? That would be very helpful. :)

• You could make it directly in SketchUp.

Plugins used: Fredo CurviLoft and Thrupaint

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

You could make it directly in SketchUp.

Plugins used: Fredo CurviLoft and Thrupaint

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah - that might also not be a bad idea. It generally seems that there is a bit of a weird conversion "issue"/behavior going on when it comes to importing this particular file from Rhino into SketchUp. Still, gladly send me either the SketchUp file itself, better yet, alongside the Rhino file too so I can check it out.