Saving visual/camera settings per "view"

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I Just recently purchased a floating license after testing this out during the evaluation period. To the most extent I'm pleased. However......

My biggest problem so far is that my 'camera' settings are not saved per "view." This is super irritating. I literally have to change my DOP/FP/Exposure (and every other setting I may adjust) everytime I go to a different view for rendering. :(

You basically only get one camera/visual setting for Enscape - and this applies not only across the Views, but also across individual files (I'm using this with Sketchup Pro). You literally only get one "camera" for everything you do, and this camera is basically what the last settings were. (Please tell me if I'm missing something here, but I haven't found anything that contradicts this.)

From what I can tell from my experimentation, this applies to all values on both the General Settings and Visual Settings options. This is not good. Not good at all.

Each file should be able to have it's own customized General Settings, and every View should should be able to save it's own Visual Settings. I don't know if this information can be saved within the Sketchup file, or if a 'companion' file needs to be saved with the Enscape-specific settings. But something really needs to be done about this.

• Official Post

My biggest problem so far is that my 'camera' settings are not saved per "view." This is super irritating. I literally have to change my DOP/FP/Exposure (and every other setting I may adjust) everytime I go to a different view for rendering. :(

We feel you, Michael! We're currently working on just that feature: Being able to save settings presets per view. As preparation, we've split up our settings menu in Enscape 2.6, and the feature you request is planned for 2.7. So, soon..!

You basically only get one camera/visual setting for Enscape - and this applies not only across the Views, but also across individual files (I'm using this with Sketchup Pro). You literally only get one "camera" for everything you do, and this camera is basically what the last settings were. (Please tell me if I'm missing something here, but I haven't found anything that contradicts this.)

Luckily, you're missing something. :) Indeed you could always save settings presets as external file (so it's not just one setting available), but with 2.6 we've already introduced the ability to save settings (MULTIPLE! settings presets) into the CAD file itself.

Have a look at this knowledgebase article: https://enscape3d.com/communit…dgebase/settings-presets/

• Yup I completely agree - glad to hear that it is on the agenda.

The enscape team might benefit from downloading a trial version of Artlantis - it does many/most of the things people are requesting, like transparent assets, all light/camera settings per view, ortho and perspective views, etc etc. It also has an incredibly intuitive method of applying materials, so there are a lot of great ideas worth borrowing/improving!

• Kaj, is it also possible to include sunlight setting per view for 2.7? Changing views in architecture, often makes sense to also change the time of day/sun for each specific view. Including sun settings, would make it 1000% more useful by batch rendering then :)

We feel you, Michael! We're currently working on just that feature: Being able to save settings presets per view. As preparation, we've split up our settings menu in Enscape 2.6, and the feature you request is planned for 2.7. So, soon..!

Luckily, you're missing something. :) Indeed you could always save settings presets as external file (so it's not just one setting available), but with 2.6 we've already introduced the ability to save settings (MULTIPLE! settings presets) into the CAD file itself.

Have a look at this knowledgebase article: https://enscape3d.com/communit…dgebase/settings-presets/

• Official Post

Hi esbensjensen, if your CAD supports time per view in any way, that has been included from the beginning. Can you tell me what CAD you're using? Then I'll be able to tell you how to proceed.

Welcome to our forums, by the way :)