Worksession's material doesn't update

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi guys, I'm new to enscape.

Our team is working with worksession in rhino since the file is really heavy. But I have an issue that will happen sometimes: materials in worksession doesn't show properly in render view when updated, sometimes all the materials are not shown.

I have to restart rhino to solve this. Can anyone help with a faster way?

Thanks!

• Official Post

Hi Chuqi, welcome to the forums!

Are the material changes visible in Rhino, but not in Enscape? Or are they not visible in Rhino, as well?

If the latter is the case, we probably can't help you, but somebody from the forums may :)

If the material changes show up in Rhino, but not in Enscape, can you press the [Start] button a second time? This will trigger an update from Rhino to Enscape. Does this change things?

• Hi Chuqi, welcome to the forums!

Are the material changes visible in Rhino, but not in Enscape? Or are they not visible in Rhino, as well?

If the latter is the case, we probably can't help you, but somebody from the forums may :)

If the material changes show up in Rhino, but not in Enscape, can you press the [Start] button a second time? This will trigger an update from Rhino to Enscape. Does this change things?

Thanks Kaj, I tried this solution, however it still remain undated.

Now when i update one link in worksession, all the material in that link will turn white in Enscape but look good in rhino. The only way to have them updated is to restart rhino.;(

• Official Post

Thanks Kaj, I tried this solution, however it still remain undated.

Now when i update one link in worksession, all the material in that link will turn white in Enscape but look good in rhino. The only way to have them updated is to restart rhino.;(

I'm sorry to hear about this then. Have you also made sure that you're using our latest release? If that doesn't help or you're already up to date, then sending in feedback would be the next step - through the log files we may be able to troubleshoot the cause behind this behavior. In the submission form please briefly copy what you wrote in the forum here as well, or simply add a link to this thread for reference. :)

• Hello!
    This problem still persists. Got a scene with a building and use worksessions to attach the (huge) context, a textured mesh.

The textures show up in Rhino, but in Enscape the materials remain white. Pressing the start button again does not help.

Version 2.90+32212

Thanks!