Is it possible...

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hey all,

I appreciate this is a long shot, but we've been doing a fair amount of camera tracking from drone footage and then bringing the tracked camera into 3ds max to render buildings that match perfectly with the drone footage. Is it possible to import an animated camera into enscape? I'd love to just export the camera as an FBX and have the option to render out of enscape instead of vray.

Kind regards,

Chris

• Official Post

Hey all,

I appreciate this is a long shot, but we've been doing a fair amount of camera tracking from drone footage and then bringing the tracked camera into 3ds max to render buildings that match perfectly with the drone footage. Is it possible to import an animated camera into enscape? I'd love to just export the camera as an FBX and have the option to render out of enscape instead of vray.

Kind regards,

Chris

Not yet I'm afraid - at the moment you'd have to create paths through our dedicated video editor. :) Still, I can file your inquiry as a feature request if you like!

• Official Post

Yes please!

Done, thank you!

• Hey all,

Kind regards,

Chris

Man - I'd love to hear more about your workflow. I have started looking at using reality capture software to generate a mesh, but if we can take footage into 3DS and get a mesh....

• Man - I'd love to hear more about your workflow. I have started looking at using reality capture software to generate a mesh, but if we can take footage into 3DS and get a mesh....

Ahhh, we aren't generating meshes from the drone footage. We're taking drone footage (usually empty fields) and compositing our new buildings over the top of them.

Here are some we've done so far;

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks! Yeah I tracked the footage in AE and brought the tracked camera and tracking data into 3ds max via .fbx (I think? It feels like a lifetime ago now!).

Honestly the camera tracking and aligning in max was by far the most difficult part of the projects because the tracked data is at a random scale/orientation and as soon as you move it in max all the keyframes go mad, etc/ It's something that (if we were to do this again) would give serious thought into buying some high end tracking software, or outsourcing the tracking. It really is a skill all of its own, and makes you want to tear your hair out!

• I used this script to export tracking data and it worked pretty good.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I used this script to export tracking data and it worked pretty good.

External Content www.youtube.com

That's the script I used too. Pain in the ass once you get it into max.