FEEDBACK AND IDEAS

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi everyone,

Long time user of sketchup and Archviz professional, I've been looking at enscape for a long time, and I must say that it's progressing at a really impressive speed. Congratulation to the dev team for creating such an amazing tool !

After testing it quite a lot, I wanted to share a few ideas here, hoping that it could help it becoming even better :)

- INTERFACE : it's honestly the biggest of Enscape flaw at the moment, and does not do justice at all to the power of the tool : Windows are very big, large, absolutely not resizeable, icons are rather outdated, and it take more or less all the space of the screen if you want to have a quick access to them all.
    I really think there should be a complete redesign in that area for Enscape to be friendly to use and have a contemporary look. Thea and Vray for example (even if they're far from being perfect in their interface) are using a "master" panel, with tabs that contain all the needed elements for the engine. Using collapsible sub menu is also a great plus, that allow the interface to be compact and efficient. The latest trending software, D5 render, got a really clear and nice interface, and I'm sure something a bit like that will make Enscape a lot more attractive.

- LIVE VIEWPORT RENDERING : Thea and Vray are able to somehow "insert" their rendering window inside sketchup viewport, with a line overlay. Could Enscape get something similar ? With your instant export and speed of render, it will make sketchup modeling a whole new experience !

- FAKE BEVEL : Lumion and Thea are now able to render fake bevels, simulating small round edges quite efficiently, and it help a lot making a render more realistic, with no additional modelling. Having this in Enscape will push realism even further.

• Official Post

MrWip , thank you very much for all your valuable feedback, I'm also glad to hear that you're generally enjoying Enscape so far, albeit wishing for an updated interface.

I'll gladly forward everything you wrote, the last two points "LIVE VIEWPORT RENDERING" and "FAKE BEVELS" are already filed as feature requests on our agenda, to which I'll add your upvote to state the further demand.

Generally, just to make sure you're aware of that, when you export a file as (Web) Standalone you actually get a kind of similar interface as seen in the screenshot you've posted:

Just for your information, again, if you didn't knew that already. :) In this case it may very well make sense to also have the menu available in Enscape non-standalone too.

• Hi Demian,

Thanks for your fast feedback !

I was not aware of the interface difference while in standalone. Actually, it will obviously makes sense to have a common interface across all enscape tools (standalone, in sketchup or in other software.