Missing Elements when viewing in Enscape

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

When viewing model in Enscape I've noticed that there is a lot of elements which aren't visible when viewing using the Enscape add-in, but all of the elements are visible in the 3D Revit view.

We are using BIM 360 for our project, so I was able to go to versions of the model that we used in November 2019, which did not have this issue of missing elements.

I've attached images of the view in what it looks like in Revit and what it looks like in Enscape where the elements are missing.

Application information

Enscape 2.6.1

Revit 2020.2, but previously when we did a VR presentation we used Revit 2020.1

Things I've tried to do for Troubleshooting the issues

• Tried other computer, same issue
    • Tried deleting the 3D view, same issue
    • Tried other 3D views, same issue
    • verified all was on the correct worksets, same issue
    • Unloaded linked models, same issues
    • Official Post

flor0036 , thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum.

Is there any chance that this model had been converted generally with Revit 2020, if it was saved with a previous release of Revit? This is kind of known to sometimes cause issues like this, or similar.

In any case, if possible, is there any chance you could send over the project? You can upload it to wetransfer.com for example and send the link via a personal message in this forum, or via an e-mail to support@enscape3d.com. And please also add my name or a link to this thread if you send in a e-mail, for reference purposes. :)

Receiving the project would be great for troubleshooting purposes.

• We are experiencing the same issue. It seems to me that all elements that are not displayed by Enscape , were made after certain point in time.

I wonder if this is related to some software update, or is related to the size of the file, which is growing as we add more and more elements. Interesting enough,

if I select an ( not displaying) element in Revit model ( where it is visible) and isolate it temporarily, Enscape is displaying it with no problem. At the moment I restore the view after isolating, that element disappears from display. We are using Revit 2020.1 on BIM 360. The Enscape is updated to the latest version.

• Update: If I uninstall the Enscape and reinstall again, restart everything, it displays all elements. So, it seems to me that somewhere

during the working process, may be Enscape gets sort of corrupted and starts to not display certain elements. My be it's the communication between

Revit model and Enscape gets corrupted. I will keep monitoring it to see if it misbehave again.

• Official Post

Hey krassik70 , I can explain this to you. Another known reason for these issues can be one (or a couple) faulty models in Revit. If Revit encounters a problematic object (which may be displayed properly in Revit otherwise), it will stop exporting the rest of the scene.

Keep monitoring the behavior. If it occurs again, please send us feedback - we may be able to tell you the model id of the corrupted object.

• For what it's worth, I experienced the same thing yesterday... But in ARCHICAD! And these were actually ENSCAPE ASSETS that I added (By simply dragging a copy in ArchiCAD)... Showed up fine in ArchiCAD but not there in Enscape...

I assumed I was just running low on memory and shut down. I'll have to see if they are still missing at some other time.

• Kaj Burival , This is a good info about the faulty model, but it doesn't explain why after re-install of Enscape it managed to display all the elements. I will keep watching. I just installed the latest updated version of Enscape and will see how it works.

• OK, may be the mystery is solved for us. It appears that Enscape displays model based on the selected view in upper left corner of the Enscape ribbon.

So, whatever elements were made visible on that view, not on the apparent view on your screen, those elements will be displayed.Doh...

• Official Post

For what it's worth, I experienced the same thing yesterday... But in ARCHICAD! And these were actually ENSCAPE ASSETS that I added (By simply dragging a copy in ArchiCAD)... Showed up fine in ArchiCAD but not there in Enscape...

I assumed I was just running low on memory and shut down. I'll have to see if they are still missing at some other time.

Yes, please check that. This is more likely to be related to internet connection / server connection issues. Do you happen to be located in the US and have ComCast for ISP provider? If so, your issues might be resolved already. If not, please tell us!

OK, may be the mystery is solved for us. It appears that Enscape displays model based on the selected view in upper left corner of the Enscape ribbon.

So, whatever elements were made visible on that view, not on the apparent view on your screen, those elements will be displayed.Doh...

Yes, that's a common source for confusion. Enscape will always show the content of the scene based on the visibility settings of the currently selected view / scene.

Sorry, forgot to mention that this time.

• Official Post

Yes US... but part of the VERIZON family!

Do you still experience any issues actually? :) Which ones exactly, the ones you described above?

• I haven't had it happen... Again, I think it was something like a memory leak... Where I'm doing a lot of imaging and 3d editing... constantly updating the model with Enscape open... After a couple of hours of that and adding a bunch of vegetation assets... it just "got tired"...

After quitting and re-opening (maybe even the next day)… things were ok.

• Official Post

I haven't had it happen... Again, I think it was something like a memory leak... Where I'm doing a lot of imaging and 3d editing... constantly updating the model with Enscape open... After a couple of hours of that and adding a bunch of vegetation assets... it just "got tired"...

After quitting and re-opening (maybe even the next day)… things were ok.

Alright, good to hear that. Still, if you experience any other problems let me know!

• If anyone is still reading this thread - When you create a 3d view from Enscape, then model new elements, some of those new elements will be automatically hidden in the view you already created.

For example: I created a 3d view in enscape, then realized I needed to model a slab edge. After drawing the slab edge in revit it was automatically hidden in the existing enscape view. Took me 30 minutes to figure out why the slab edge was showing in revit, but not in enscape.

• Hi Kristopher - whatever is showing in the view in Revit that's the active view in Enscape should be displayed in Enscape. What was the reason the slab edge was showing in Revit, but not in Enscape?

• That's not quite what was happening. The slab edge was only hidden in the view I created from within Enscape, not in the default Revit 3d view.

So when I opened Enscape from the default Revit 3d view, the slab edge was visible. When I then navigated to the Enscape view, (making it the active view) the slab edge would disappear.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Created & favorited a view from within Enscape

2. Modeled a new slab edge from the default revit 3d view

The new slab edge was automatically hidden by element within Revit in the Enscape 3d view that I previously created.

• Is the slab edge showing at all levels of detail? For example, if you create a new view from Enscape and the view is set to coarse but the slab edge only displays at medium or fine detail?

How did you get the slab edge to display?