Oculus Quest + Enscape

• Hi All,

We've been looking into getting an oculus quest (we already have a HTC Vive) for taking along to meetings with clients, as he Vive setup is far too bulky, and requires a lot of setup for such a task.

I realise it's not possible to run Enscape natively on the quest so my question is; Is it possible to run Enscape on a laptop/PC and send the video to the Quest? I'm sure I've seen people doing it with FPS games.

Secondly; if it is possible has anyone tried it? Did you have any success? Were there any issues?

Thanks in advance for help!

Chris

• Hi Macker , so it is possible to connect the Oculus Quest to your computer via cable and run Enscape with it, yes.

However, since you have to use a computer to calculate Enscape anyways, the Oculus Rift S has a better quality and is equally simple to setup, so maybe you'll still want to have a look at that :)

• Hi Macker , so it is possible to connect the Oculus Quest to your computer via cable and run Enscape with it, yes.

However, since you have to use a computer to calculate Enscape anyways, the Oculus Rift S has a better quality and is equally simple to setup, so maybe you'll still want to have a look at that :)

I'm sure the quality is better, however we're looking into the simplest wireless solutions possible (as I said we already have a HTC Vive that's fixed in a VR suite that we might update to something higher resolution);

My experience is that clients are generally much more receptive to using VR with a phone & 360 panorama in because it looks a lot less daunting than a big headset, with controllers, and cables going everywhere. Obviously the downside to this is that the panoramas are static.

I'm aware that you can use the Oculus Quest as a wired VR setup, but I've seen videos of people streaming to it wirelessly. The Oculus Quest looks very much like it could be the solution to a portable VR setup, provided we can get Enscape working properly on it.

Has anyone had any experience with streaming Enscape to the Quest; do the controllers work for example? Does it take ages to set up (embarrassing in front of clients)? Any other tips before we invest?

• I plugged my Quest into a new install of Enscape 2.6 and nothing happened

Is there a setup process for the quest?

Hi MichiKen , welcome to our Forums!

Basically, when the Oculus Quest is connected, in the Oculus Menu you have to go to "Settings" -> "See All", then on the first settings page please scroll down to the very bottom and enable "Oculus Link (beta)".

Also, please make sure you have enabled the "Unknown Sources" option in the Oculus Settings, which is described here.

This should ensure the Oculus Quest is being recognized as VR headset by Enscape.

• My team is currently using and learning how we can leverage the Quest. At the moment with the technician limitation of SketchUp and Enscape we are exploring UE4.

You're looking to be able to customize your VR experiences and make them more interactive? Or what is the reason you're looking into UE4, if you don't mind sharing with us?

• Currently I am using Unity for a project in which interactivity and display of video files is required. Would be so cool if this was possible with Enscape

Your vote has been added to the corresponding feature request - it is quite demanded already, but no ETA just yet I'm afraid regarding an implementation.

• You're looking to be able to customize your VR experiences and make them more interactive? Or what is the reason you're looking into UE4, if you don't mind sharing with us?

Were looking at UE4 as our client wants to have a VR experience in the Quest 100% wireless.

• So you say this works absolutely flawless?

Trying to understand what you write- so you walk around in Enscape for Sketchup wireless? via Steam or?

Really looking into buying a Quest :-)

Jorgensen

• Has anyone at Enscape gotten this to work? I simply get a 'searching for headset' notice. All the steps you describe have been done on my end. Tnx.

• Hi landrvr1 , yes, it works fine for us.

Does the Oculus work with other software?

What you describe firstly reminds me of the "Unknown Sources" option. If you've made sure that is checked - do you have other VR systems installed, like Windows Mixed Reality or Steam VR? From our experience, they tend to block each other from time to time..