Light from Object Lights disappears if luminosity is set to higher than 3cd (Sketchup, Enscape 2.6)

• Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem where the light from any object light disappears (or becomes indistinct) if it is set to higher than 3cd. I haven't encountered this problem with previous versions of Enscape I have tested.

The problem happens on several versions of Sketchup (2017, 2018, 2019). It is not dependent on the amount of lights (happens in models with only one light as well as a few dozen), and it is also not dependent on scene/geometry complexity.

Sometimes when I open a model everything is fine, but within a few minutes all the object lights blink out. When that happens, if I try to change the beam angle on a spotlight, the correct lighting blinks in and out of existence while I move the slider, but once I let go it disappears for good. Here's a gif I made of what that looks like. If I push up the luminosity really high, I only get a vague sort of global illumination light. See attached examples for comparison.

Spotlights behave this way when an IES profile is added as well, even if they are set lower than 3cd.

Thanks in advance!

• I have a similar problem (Enscape 2.61, Sketchup 2018). It happens rarely, but when it does, I have to close and reopen the Sketchup file (and sometimes that doesn't fix it either). This has happened to me in previous versions of Enscape when working on complex models, but closing and reopening the file used to be a guaranteed fix, which it no longer is.

I managed to narrow down the cd number using the "set value" option for luminosity instead of the slider.

Light from object lights becomes weird at exactly 2.78cd. At 2.77 everything looks and works fine.

This is a really weird problem.

• Hey you two, (and welcome to our forums, ExplorerEight !)

We're sorry to hear about this issue. This is unbeknown to us, and we're also not able to reproduce it at this point. Is there a chance you could send us a project file you've encountered this in?

Please send it to support@enscape3d.com. Please also send us some feedback, using the [Feedback] button, while we're at it. Also, please tell me here once you've send us said example, so I can look it up right away.

Thank you in advance! We'll try to find a solution as quickly as possible.

• welcome to our forums, Explorer Eight !

Thank you, Kaj, and thank you for your response!

I've sent a file that shows the problems I'm talking about. It includes the resulting render as well. The email subject is "Object Lights Problem".

Another small development I noticed - in files that have been previously set up in older versions of Enscape, the spotlights work with IES profiles, but they still stop working if set to higher than 3cd.

• Hi ExplorerEight , I tried to reproduce the issue you described, but have been unable to do so.

Can you please send us some feedback, using the [Feedback] button in the Enscape toolbar? Please tell me once you've sent it, so I can look it up straight away.