Oculus Quest WebXR Support

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • The Oculus Quest is a revolutionary device that eliminates much of the friction of VR, because of this the device has been selling out consistently and its user base is huge and always growing. It would be great for Enscape to find its way into that market. The Quest is far eaiser and impressive to take to a client as the whole setup basically fits in a shoebox.

WebXR standalones would be a great place to start, they are:

• Building off of existing Enscape Features
    • Easily accessable
    • Easy to manage
    • Not suseptible to Oculus Store approval
    • Open to support future standalone devices

Of course it would be great to also see native support for the device, however I understand that the current iteration of the hardware may be too limiting.

Market influence

AEC:

(taken from InsiteVR blog post)

Entire VR industry:

NOTE: Some of the 2.8 M are other standalones but it is safe to say that Quest sales are a majority of that figure, the deivce is backordered till March right now.

• Lucas Cunningham

Changed the title of the thread from “Reconsider Oculus Quest Standalone Support” to “Oculus Quest WebXR Support”.
    • Official Post

Thank you Lucas, your feedback has been forwarded!

• I'm also looking to invest in the Oculus Quest but only if it is compatible with Enscape. I don't merely plan on using it for gaming but rather a tool to showcase my designs to my clients using Enscape. I think to do that, it will not only help me get my projects over the line with my clients and ultimately win more clients, but it will also revolutionize the architectural industry.

I hope the Enscape team can incorporate this new technology very soon.

• Official Post

I'm also looking to invest in the Oculus Quest but only if it is compatible with Enscape. I don't merely plan on using it for gaming but rather a tool to showcase my designs to my clients using Enscape. I think to do that, it will not only help me get my projects over the line with my clients and ultimately win more clients, but it will also revolutionize the architectural industry.

I hope the Enscape team can incorporate this new technology very soon.

You can still use the Oculus Quest wired with Enscape and check out this FAQ article I created here as well - it briefly elaborates which software can be used to stream Enscape VR into the Quest even when used wireless! :)