enable disable shadow casting/receiving.. compositing tag

• hi there,

sometimes i take fotografic footage from the sites we the archviz for.. currently they are of no use because there is no option to "tag" objects as "backplate" so they dont receive and cast shadows?

>> very basic feature - should be there!

best way would be if the settings would be taken from host app as in sketchup for example we can switch shadows casting and receiving on off on group/components individually...

best, franz

win 10 | 2080ti | dual xeon w2687w | 128gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd | htc vive | asus proart 4k monitor

modelling stuff with sketchup, drawing stuff with vectorworks, rendering with cinema4d r20 + corona render & now of course, enscape :)

but best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• no one, really?

win 10 | 2080ti | dual xeon w2687w | 128gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd | htc vive | asus proart 4k monitor

modelling stuff with sketchup, drawing stuff with vectorworks, rendering with cinema4d r20 + corona render & now of course, enscape :)

• when i place background plates... i dont want them to have self shadow or to cast shadows on my scene...

i often make lots of fotos from the site to incorporate them in the renders as background in windows etc..

• when i place background plates... i dont want them to have self shadow or to cast shadows on my scene...

i often make lots of fotos from the site to incorporate them in the renders as background in windows etc..

I agree, it might be nice to turn off self-shadow for site backdrops. FYI, my workaround has been to give them a small amount of self-illumination.

• I too would love to see this feature. We create "billboard" backdrops to many of our models to show the potential view from within models. Like others have stated, sketchup has this control which is a very handy feature. Will put a request in for this feature as well.

Thank you very much, I've forwarded your upvote as well. :) Also, welcome to our forum!