ENSCAPE 2.7 PREVIEW 2

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

• Christian,

You need to allow users to comment on your original post please.

My query is about the Views & batch rendering in Archicad, I dont see anything available in the new preview version 2, Can you please update us on when or how (if i have missed something) this is going to be implemented

Regards

• WTF

How can you issue a road map of features coming in the next release and then drop them at the last minute because its too hard to implement for Archicad

Yet again Archicad is the poor cousin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enscape when can we expect a reduced subscription for the archicad plugin given that it is only a lite version of Enscape.

• The feature set between our CAD integrations is slightly different at this point of time. We strive for feature parity in the near future, except for some features (like the 2.7 BIM Informations, which do not make sense for a tool like SketchUp. But it will be integrated for ArchiCAD and Revit).

• Thomas,

Thanks for your reply, but really slightly different!!!! come on do you really believe that. Since the archicad plugin was released it has been on the back foot regarding development and this 2.7 release is no different, we have been waiting months for reproducible renderings and now you deliver the news that all of the other plugins will have it but not Archicad. your logic is flawed if you think that this feature "does not make sense" for archicad. I think the issue is that your team don't have the skill set to implement it in Archicad.

I see from your website that your development team has swelled in numbers over the last couple of years, yet the pace and quality of your development have gone backwards, previously we would have preview/update versions every few days/weeks now we seem to wait months for half baked versions and poorly thought thru workflows.

I love what enscape could be but am frustrated that you dont seem to be able to deliver it any time soon.

• Yeah, I can also feel a little disappointed that the rhythm has been slow down and now there're more new problems to resolve. But we should put enough patience and keep positive contact with Enscape Teams;)

• Nuge, don't pick on the Enscape crew anymore, because they will be offended, they will completely give up Archicad's support;)

I suppose the least number of Enscape users on AC, and therefore other implementations are prioritized, and we remain a poor cousin. The situation could change if, for example, Graphisoft came to the conclusion of Enscape and added, for example, a six-month free subscription to Enscape, as they did Twinmotion for free.

I still stick to the opinion that, despite the disadvantages, Enscape is the best tool for visualization in AC.

• your logic is flawed if you think that this feature "does not make sense" for archicad.

We do not think so. "Does not make sense" was related to the BIM Information Feature and SketchUp. We did not implement some ArchiCAD Features due to prioritization. We will catch up here soon!

• Thomas,

So when will archicad get some prioritization before all of your other plugins, seems only fair given your pricing model that we should get some new/updated features before everyone else to make up for your previous "prioritization" of all the other plugins?

• The reproducible rendering topic for ArchiCAD will be tackled in 2.8, you might be able to test it in one of the previews after 2.7.

• Thomas,

Given how long it took for you to release 2.7 preview can you give us an approx time frame for 2.8, and while your at it you have been promising to release something to replace the old trello board regarding the future development of this product, there has been an awful lot of "upvoting" on various topics but we have no idea what is or isn't coming in future releases

• Official Post

Hi Nuge,

as our internal roadmap is changing on a weekly basis, we decided that it would be less disappointing for you guys if we just showed you what will included in the next release.

As soon as 2.7 is released, we will update our homepage with the new information for 2.8 and also start a new thread here.

The Trello board did not server our internal needs for roadmap planning. And it also wasn't optimal for voting and discussion purpose. That's why we moved the voting to another tool.

• Hi Nuge,

as our internal roadmap is changing on a weekly basis, we decided that it would be less disappointing for you guys if we just showed you what will included in the next release.

Problem is you did tell us it was going to be included right up until you released the preview version then bang not happening in 2.7 you will have to wait till 2.8, sounds a lot like the archicad material editor a few versions ago and i suspect its going to keep happening with every release "sorry archicad users you have to wait or maybe it just wont happen as its to hard to code"

Why don't you publish a specific voting tool on your web site because the current system of upvoting on this forum is just a joke, you manage the content and allow us to vote. You did it once before and then totally ignored what feature got the most votes (Create out own enscape objects) so maybe listening to your users would be a good start, there are many simple requests on this forum that have been totally ingored for quite some time. I would vote to get all of the plugins up to the same level and fix all of the minor workflow/quality issues (reflections anyone) and allow users to create there own objects (and edit their materials) before introducing any "new" features.

Dont know why i am wasting my time even writing this as it just seems to fall on deaf ears

• Enscape dissapeared from Archicad toolbar

Hii,

I have a question, hope is not stupid, but:

I updated Enscape and it dissappeared from Archicad toolbar,

does anyone know where did it go?

When I downgrade to older version, I get enscape back in the toolbar ...

Thanks!

• Official Post

Can you please make sure that you uninstall any version of Enscape currently on your machine and afterward, re-install it once more this time for "all users"? You can select this option by just running our installer and then -> briefly accept the License Agreement -> Next -> Advanced ->

&thumbnail=1

That should already resolve the issue at hand - let me know in case it does not please.

same problem for me tjasak and i had to uninstall and re-install it and it work :\

So you got it work now though? Otherwise please also kindly try the above. :)

• Oh, I dont' know where is the issue.

I uninstalled previous version of Enscape with Revo uninstaller (to clean it all completely), installed a new one for ALL USERS and I stil can not see Enscape in Archicad toolba/pallets.

I am using Archicad 22.

• Official Post

Oh, I dont' know where is the issue.

I uninstalled previous version of Enscape with Revo uninstaller (to clean it all completely), installed a new one for ALL USERS and I stil can not see Enscape in Archicad toolba/pallets.

I am using Archicad 22.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

Please kindly follow the guide detailed in my reply on the very bottom here:

Enscape 2.7 doesn't work with Archicad 21

And get back to us if that doesn't help.

• Hii,

still doesn't work, unfortunately.

I uninstalled Enscape and also deleted the folders:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape

C:\Program Files\Enscape

Then I freshly installed Enscape 2.7 (for all users) and tried to add extension manually, but I see the note in Add-on Archicad Manager: " The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ARCHICAD version"

And when I try to import, I get this note:

I think, I would need to update Archicad and will work. So, for now I will use the older working version of Enscape. When I update Archicad and if still wouldn't work, will write to you.

Thank you.