Bitmaps in Temp Folder...?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • When I import a model as an FBX, and a bitmap folder is created, I don't understand why Enscape is creating a duplicate copy of that bitmap in a temp folder within AppData? That temp folder is filling up fast. Why the temp folder creation and duplication? Is there a setting to simply reference the main bitmap created? Tnx!

• Official Post

When I import a model as an FBX, and a bitmap folder is created, I don't understand why Enscape is creating a duplicate copy of that bitmap in a temp folder within AppData? That temp folder is filling up fast. Why the temp folder creation and duplication? Is there a setting to simply reference the main bitmap created? Tnx!

Due to technical reasons Enscape is creating that folder for rendering purposes. In that regard there is no way to avoid that. Does this pose a problem to you in general as in, your hard drive is running full for example?

• Tnx Demian. Fortunately I've a long way to go because the drive gets full, but in a year from now.....? It would be great to have the option of specifying where those temp files are located. In that respect I could simply keep that folder within the project folder structure - or a central location for bitmaps that get used over and over.

• Official Post

Tnx Demian. Fortunately I've a long way to go because the drive gets full, but in a year from now.....? It would be great to have the option of specifying where those temp files are located. In that respect I could simply keep that folder within the project folder structure - or a central location for bitmaps that get used over and over.

Thank you. I'll forward your additional feedback. :)