wheel arches on the car are angular

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I've noticed that, all the curves on the asset library stuff is a little bit faceted but I assume its deliberate to keep file size down?

I work on the basis that its a stock asset so its not going to be amazing - for the most part the vehicles (and the other assets) work brilliantly to quickly and easily populate a scene but if something is going to be very close to the camera then I go looking for a better model with a higher polycount (or make my own).

• Official Post

beqbiq , basically what BarryFishFinger already mentioned - they are designed this way to reduce performance cost while still maintaining an overall decent visual appearance in Enscape. Especially round objects require quite a few polygons to actually look round, so we're reducing some in this case to not cause any lagging when multiple cars are being placed down. :)

• beqbiq , basically what BarryFishFinger already mentioned - they are designed this way to reduce performance cost while still maintaining an overall decent visual appearance in Enscape. Especially round objects require quite a few polygons to actually look round, so we're reducing some in this case to not cause any lagging when multiple cars are being placed down. :)

Thought so! And it works great, I've just populated a scene with around 100 cars (so pretty much all the asset cars and then a number of duplicates), no obvious lag or slow down in either Sketchup or Enscape and visually they really look good. My only comment, some of the car colours are too bright, too colourful. A few more silver/shades of grey/white versions would be nice. Sometimes lots of colourful cars make the scene look a little busy and distract from the architecture they're complimenting. At the moment I'm de-saturating them slightly in photoshop.

But yes, generally the cars are great as is.

• Official Post

Thank you very much BarryFishFinger , I'll forward your wish accordingly of course.