How to send an .EXE file to a client top open?

• Complete newbie question.... I feel like I saw somewhere that I can export a .exe file and send it to a client to allow them to freely maneuver around in a scene. I sent the file to my client and they were not able to open the file. Is there a download that they need to do before they can access the file?

Thanks!

• Hey rgibbs , so generally the client's machine needs to meet our system requirements accordingly. Furthermore, if they are actually being met, then could you please further detail what you mean by "were not able to open the file" exactly? :) Perchance they received an error message you could share a screenshot of? They can also definitely make sure that their graphics card drivers are up to date as well.

• Demian,

I will see if I can get a screenshot of their exact error message and will share it if I can. I did a test with an old Mac computer of mine last night and I received an error message saying that the graphics cared didn't meet the system requirements. So, it sounds like from your response as well as my own personal error message that it will really just come down to whether or not the client's system is capable of running the .EXE file, right?

The attached image is from my old, test system.

Thanks for your help!

• So, it sounds like from your response as well as my own personal error message that it will really just come down to whether or not the client's system is capable of running the .EXE file, right?

Exactly. Most of the time this is the case indeed. :) Thank you in advance for sending me a screenshot of the other error message if possible - feel free to simply let me know what it says instead too, but I strongly suspect that either the graphics card drivers are outdated, or that the machine(s) do not meet our requirements.

• Is there a way for me to setup a host site to allow clients to access the EXE file...without them having to update their hardware?

You may very well wanna check out our dedicated Web Standalone functionality:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…se/web-standalone-export/

This allows you to upload a whole project/scene into the cloud and make it navigate-able via a browser, so the usual Enscape system requirements do not even have to be met. Check it out and let me know in case the client experiences any problems with that. :)

• It would be great if we could bake the lighting for exe export so the clients with lower spec PCs could use the exe.
    Maybe only bake the diffuse lighting so the sun is still movable.

Definitely something which has been requested before - I'll add your upvote to the feature request on our agenda. :)

• You may very well wanna check out our dedicated Web Standalone functionality:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…se/web-standalone-export/

This allows you to upload a whole project/scene into the cloud and make it navigate-able via a browser, so the usual Enscape system requirements do not even have to be met. Check it out and let me know in case the client experiences any problems with that. :)

Demian,

Is the cloud service part of my standard monthly fee and/or is there a limit to the amount of models I can have on the cloud?

Thanks as always for your help!

• Demian,

Is the cloud service part of my standard monthly fee and/or is there a limit to the amount of models I can have on the cloud?

Thanks as always for your help!

No limits, no extra fees, all included in your license! :) Same goes for any updates or other functionalities, we won't charge extra, never.