3DMAX conversion SKP with one-click,Enscape material parameters are included

• Hello, everyone:). I'd like to introduce a quick and easy model conversion plug-in developed by my friend, which can convert 3DMAX format model to SKP model with one click,

Enscape material parameters are included

The full tutorial PDF is available for download at the end of this article, or you can download the plugin and tutorial directly by clicking the link below

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/meod1ieqxnioo/MAX_TO_SU_MES

Installation tutorial.pdf

• +1 for enscape in 3dsmax

I have years of experience with 3ds Max, and losing the animation side of things by moving to SketchUp would be hugely frustrating.

Yes, there are decent and poor modellers in any 3d program but most files come from users who aren't aware of hidden issues in geometry creation in packages like Revit and SketchUp. Clean modelling is the basis of any renderer working to its best potential...

I can see that many users are crying out for this.

• Enscape for Max will never happen.

Working within Max's parameters is a total nightmare, and the restrictions are enormous. Ask yourself why Enscape, Twinmotion, Lumion, and Unreal have NEVER supported a direct .max import format or any kind of 'live link' feature. Unreal, after nearly 2+ years of development, finally got Datasmith going as an export plugin format from Max into Unreal and...believe me....it took another year to work out a huge amount of bugs. It's still buggy. Even then, note that it's still not a direct import of the .max format into Unreal. Having Enscape sit within Max presents those same challenges, and lots more.

Even V-Ray's realtime engine - Project Lavina - cannot live within Max as a plugin, and must remain as an external player. I wish it were different...!

• It works good but some models looks like that after exporting

Whenever you encounter the problem of broken surfaces, you can try to use MES to export the MAX model at the end of the set magnification 1000 times, and uncheck merge coplanar, then export can be solved

• Enscape for Max will never happen.

Working within Max's parameters is a total nightmare, and the restrictions are enormous. Ask yourself why Enscape, Twinmotion, Lumion, and Unreal have NEVER supported a direct .max import format or any kind of 'live link' feature. Unreal, after nearly 2+ years of development, finally got Datasmith going as an export plugin format from Max into Unreal and...believe me....it took another year to work out a huge amount of bugs. It's still buggy. Even then, note that it's still not a direct import of the .max format into Unreal. Having Enscape sit within Max presents those same challenges, and lots more.

Even V-Ray's realtime engine - Project Lavina - cannot live within Max as a plugin, and must remain as an external player. I wish it were different...!

Sad Times

• This cannot happen because .max is a proprietary format. Nobody knows how to read it, and even if we knew it is forbidden.

Everyone's software is in a proprietary format, and plenty of 3rd party plugin companies like Chaos with V-Ray have access to AutoDesk's APIs, dev kits, etc. It's not an issue of 'knowing how to read it'. That's not the problem at all, in fact.

The basic challenge with a realtime render engine existing within Max (or any other 3D parametric or procedural modeling program such as Maya, Solidworks, etc) is the unbelievable amount of variables that you could introduce and that the realtime engine would have to IMMEDIATELY take into account. Adding a simple TURBOSMOOTH modifier to the stack within Max would probably blow up a realtime engine, lol. Nurbs, patch grids, point clouds, displacement, FFDs, etc etc etc. These are all massively expensive procedures that a stack of RTX8000s wouldn't be able to process efficiently and quickly...yet, anyway. Even V-Ray GPU, which is optimized for RT cores, is far from instantaneous realtime images.

There's other issues as well - but mostly around modifiers - that make realtime living within Max an impossibility right now. It's the precise reason that Chaos didn't offer Lavina within Max itself. It's not computationally feasible.

• Everyone's software is in a proprietary format, and plenty of 3rd party plugin companies like Chaos with V-Ray have access to AutoDesk's APIs, dev kits, etc. It's not an issue of 'knowing how to read it'. That's not the problem at all, in fact.

It is. There is no SDK to read/write the .max file format. There is no documentation. The EULA prevents it.

Sure, Enscape could have a live plugin inside of 3dsmax, but I was replying to your sentence: "Even then, note that it's still not a direct import of the .max format into Unreal."