Enscape 2.7 Released

• Lots of crashes trying to render in Ultra at HD resolution or above. Tried switching off RTX but doesn't appear to make any difference. Using the latest Nvidia Studio drivers for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080. Previously was able to render at Ultra and Ultra HD resolution with Enscape-2.6.2+15363.

• Hi. I recently updated to Enscape 2.7, after reading that it was compatible to SKP 2020 in the downloads page. However after updating/installing the .msi file , it doesn't load in SKP 2020 and can't find it in the toolbox view.

Is it still not supported yet?

• Hi. I recently updated to Enscape 2.7, after reading that it was compatible to SKP 2020 in the downloads page. However after updating/installing the .msi file , it doesn't load in SKP 2020 and can't find it in the toolbox view.

Is it still not supported yet?

I also have 2019 installed. And the Enscape was updated with no issues.

• Thanks for Your reply, Adrian Renner! Well, just had a further look at them and they indeed are pretty much all lit albeit very unevenly so, see this example:

I think another relighting pass on those props might be needed. Nevertheless they are a great step forward!

• Thanks for Your reply, Adrian Renner! Well, just had a further look at them and they indeed are pretty much all lit albeit very unevenly so, see this example:

I think another relighting pass on those props might be needed. Nevertheless they are a great step forward!

Right now our assets don't support holding an explicit light source definition (as you'd get from adding a light object from the Enscape toolbar), but simply have emissive materials on some surfaces. In order to get proper lighting you should always add a light source to them. We hope that we can include that in future versions, so you won't have to set that up manually anymore.

Hope that clears things up :)

• dothe transparency mask and the relief maps and the others do not follow the same scale as the main map that defuse it

Please use the Enscape material editor for these adjustments, there is currently a bug open for this. The native SketchUp scaling is only applied to the diffuse texture slot.

• Right now our assets don't support holding an explicit light source definition (as you'd get from adding a light object from the Enscape toolbar), but simply have emissive materials on some surfaces. In order to get proper lighting you should always add a light source to them. We hope that we can include that in future versions, so you won't have to set that up manually anymore.

Hope that clears things up :)

Okay, there we go. Adding a "true" lighting capability to the props would be great given if it then can be tweaked via the Enscape light dialog.

You have to disable the Safe Frame setting in the capture section of the visual settings.

But what if I want/need that safe frame to frame/line up my shots properly? Can't have both?

Edit:

Switching to the predefined right/left/front/back positions in orthographic viewmode disables grass rendering, yet the top down view doesn't. Is this intended?

Furthermore it forces you into White Background mode - can this also be changed?

• Furthermore it forces you into White Background mode - can this also be changed?

Please refer to this post to get information why it is so: Orthographic vs Perspective View - Preview version 2.7.0 (1+15081)

Switching to the predefined right/left/front/back positions in orthographic viewmode disables grass rendering, yet the top down view doesn't. Is this intended?

Grass is not drawn because the grass texture is not visible since it is orthogonal to the camera. This is a limitation of the way we draw grass.

• In future updates it would be better if section cuts created shadows realistic to a full uncut building. This would help show clients the impact of changing light on a plan. The section cut makes this unrealistic as it acts as if there is no ceiling. I realise this could be difficult but it would be invaluable for clients!

• You have to physically copy the plugin from 2019 to 2020 and you will see that it works. It seems to me that 2020 is officially supported by 2.7.1.

pardon my ignorance. I can't find the Enscape plugin(s) in my Skp2019 version plugin folder.. To copy over.

Can someone please point me to the correct location and files to copy

• In future updates it would be better if section cuts created shadows realistic to a full uncut building. This would help show clients the impact of changing light on a plan. The section cut makes this unrealistic as it acts as if there is no ceiling. I realise this could be difficult but it would be invaluable for clients!

? it does. (in the SU version anyway)

On occasion I have had to make the ceiling an emissive material so that I can see in the rooms. (Quick and nasty way to add light without adding lights.)

• In the new batch rendering we are getting objects hidden in the base view showing up in the rendered views. What is the basis in the rendering for the geometry, the created view or the view that enscape was launched from?

• Speaking of the new lighting models & workflow - what's the best way to go about placing them in a scene in general? Is it normal where every time I place any asset, it forces the object to be placed at FF height - and then must manually be offset after I deselect for every asset? This is especially slow for placing lighting.

• :thumbsup:
    • :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o