What about SketchUp 2020?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

When will Enscape be certified for use with SketchUp 2020?

Pretty soon, should be available in our next upcoming preview or a bit later. :)

• Are we talking days, weeks, months? My IT department updated me to Sketchup 2020 without knowing the Enscape wouldn't work. We were hoping that it would be available with the new release. It appears that is not the case. I need to know if they should reinstall an older version of Sketchup so that I can continue to design using Enscape, or if I should just wait.

• Official Post

Are we talking days, weeks, months? My IT department updated me to Sketchup 2020 without knowing the Enscape wouldn't work. We were hoping that it would be available with the new release. It appears that is not the case. I need to know if they should reinstall an older version of Sketchup so that I can continue to design using Enscape, or if I should just wait.

Welcome to our forum! We're talking about a few weeks, then it should be available at least in our preview, and then it's also coming with the 2.7.1 release, which will be available in give or take a month as well.

• Are we talking days, weeks, months? My IT department updated me to Sketchup 2020 without knowing the Enscape wouldn't work. We were hoping that it would be available with the new release. It appears that is not the case. I need to know if they should reinstall an older version of Sketchup so that I can continue to design using Enscape, or if I should just wait.

Have a look here:

Sketchup 2020 - Compatibility

• It does not officially support SketchUp 2020 yet, which will be supported by 2.7.1 or higher. However resolvable if you still have SketchUp 2019. You install Enscape 2.7.0, copy the enscape folder and the enscape.rb file from the Plugins SU 2019 and paste them into the Plugins SU 2020.

• Official Post

Am confused. I am currently using Enscape on SU2020. What am I doing right/wrong?

It may work, but it's not officially supported yet so we cannot guarantee that there'll be no complications between Enscape and SU 2020.

• It may work, but it's not officially supported yet so we cannot guarantee that there'll be no complications between Enscape and SU 2020.

I can confirm that it does indeed work. I followed your steps and copied over the SU2019 Enscape plugin files to the SU2020 folder and it started up fine. Haven't had an issue to this point. Using the latest version of Enscape 2.7, which BTW, has great new features we're enjoying using!

• I can confirm that it does indeed work. I followed your steps and copied over the SU2019 Enscape plugin files to the SU2020 folder and it started up fine. Haven't had an issue to this point. Using the latest version of Enscape 2.7, which BTW, has great new features we're enjoying using!

I did the same thing. It's working great so far, even the VR portion. Have not tried the orthographic views or other newer features yet, though.

• I just signed for a student licence to give Enscape a try but I'm currently using SketchUp 2020 and couldn't be more frustrated. The toolbars don't even show up on the menu so there is no way I can use it. It seems the licence I got will expire way before I can use it.

• Official Post

I just signed for a student licence to give Enscape a try but I'm currently using SketchUp 2020 and couldn't be more frustrated. The toolbars don't even show up on the menu so there is no way I can use it. It seems the licence I got will expire way before I can use it.

Welcome to our forum! SketchUp 2020 will be supported in an upcoming preview in about 1-2 weeks, your student license will be active for another 6 months, so no worries about that and thanks for a bit more patience in that regard. You can also of course try the workaround proposed here (by josephkim626), but we're not officially recommending that since there may still be some incompatibility issues.

• It does not officially support SketchUp 2020 yet, which will be supported by 2.7.1 or higher. However resolvable if you still have SketchUp 2019. You install Enscape 2.7.0, copy the enscape folder and the enscape.rb file from the Plugins SU 2019 and paste them into the Plugins SU 2020.

Hi I have tried like what said copying files and folder to 2020, but it can not be loaded (see below), and I do have Microsoft visual C++ 2015-12019 installed. it still doesn't work. I guess I'll wait for its next official release now.

• Official Post

When will the Sketchup 2020 be supported?

In about 2-3 weeks we'll release a preview which will officially support SketchUp 2020. :) Also, welcome to our forum!

• Hi I have tried like what said copying files and folder to 2020, but it can not be loaded (see below), and I do have Microsoft visual C++ 2015-12019 installed. it still doesn't work. I guess I'll wait for its next official release now.

I also saw this problem before copying from SU 2019. Probably something did not work. Which path did you use?

• I also saw this problem before copying from SU 2019. Probably something did not work. Which path did you use?

Actually I didn't see that problem until I copied the enscape folder and file to "Shares\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020\SketchUp\Plugins"

Now the notice appears every time I open Sketchup 2020.:(

• Well, now I'm setting up a new laptop and having the problem. I downloaded SU2020, I copied the Plugin folder from my SU2019 file on my old computer and overwrote the SU2020 folder and fired up SU2020. All my plugins came over like before and I still get the "Could not load Enscape" error shown two posts above. On my old computer I always got the same error, but after clicking "No" (I don't want to install) on this error, I still had a functioning version of Enscape. Not this time. Enscape truly doesn't load for me, so I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else, waiting on Enscape 2.7.1.

I tried downloading SU2019 to compensate, but I can't get the SketchUp licensing worked out. Guess I'll use the old computer until this gets worked out.