2.7 issues

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello-

I just wanted to share some issues I've had with 2.7 today that make it very difficult to use effectively.

First and foremost, I can't get my Revit decals to show up in Enscape 2.7. The decals appeared in older versions of Enscape, but after updating they have disappeared. Additionally, when rendering a set of views, Enscape remained in 'walk' mode even for views I had generated in fly mode- my view from the couch became the view from standing on the couch, which I would hope is not a common occupant vantage point after construction. I was also wondering why there is no option to just render the current view- why do you need to create a new view to render? Additionally, rendering even a still image seems to take significantly longer than it did in previous versions.

I think 2.7 has some promising features but I'm afraid I'll have to revert to an earlier version until it works a bit better.

• I was also wondering why there is no option to just render the current view- why do you need to create a new view to render?

Not very intuitive, but if you simply click the [render] button without selecting a view, it will render the current view. (The top "render viewport" option is automatically selected.) Or you can use the hot-key.

• Official Post

First and foremost, I can't get my Revit decals to show up in Enscape 2.7. The decals appeared in older versions of Enscape, but after updating they have disappeared.

Hi nctorstenson & welcome to our forums!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the new release! Decals should definitely work with 2.7 as before. Could you please contact our support via the send Feedback button, so we can figure out what's going on at your end?

I could reproduce some issues with the batch rendering while beeing in 'Walkmode', this looks like a bug, so we'll investigate that. I would suggest to simply workaround this by disabling walkmode before starting a batch rendering. The camera positions should then exactly match the position from where you saved the view.

Please let us know if this doesn't solve your issues!

• Official Post

Hi Petar Karuza

that's actually not a prompt. I guess that you've set a custom image overlay in your settings? We've had another report that said, you have to reselect the image file in the settings to make it work correctly after the update: Enscape 2.7 Invalid Texture

It might be that the file path stored in the settings is somehow invalidated after the update.