Self-Illumination Dialog Box options for use of multiple industry standard units - (cd/m2) - (Lumen/ft) - (Lumen/ft2) - (Watts/ft) - etc.

• Hi Development Team,

In the past I have used other rendering applications (Lightscape, VRay and Maxwell) to address illumination exercises that come up from time to time during the course of business. Often times nice looking daylight renderings is all is needed to sell an architectural idea, but I have found, perhaps because of the nature of my business, that twilight or evening renderings are far more impactful when rendering architectural spaces designed for entertainment, hospitality and retail. When the Sun goes down people come out and the quality and perception of an urban space changes dramatically in the evening when artificial lighting takes over.

One aspect of rendering illuminated spaces that remains an industry challenge is identifying and/or sourcing the right lighting product from a rendered image. Imagine a scenario where a client is sold on the one idea based upon the look of an evening rendition of their future space, and then proceeding to select light fixtures from the vast options in the marketplace, hoping that the finished space would look as close as possible to the successful rendering. Often time, targets are missed and the final product may look very different than the imagined one.

I recently went through an exercise where the best option on LED strip lighting is so new the manufacturer does not have an IES file available but provided photometric data. Is not uncommon to find one manufacturer using lumen/ft while another uses watts/ foot or nits or foot candles. The units used to measure illumination may be all over the place and conversion is not always straightforward.

I would like to suggest the possibility of selecting multiple standard units for illumination in addition to cd/m2. Perhaps a drop-down dialog box populated with industry standard units and therefore the ability to switch from Luminance to Illuminance to Lux or even power consumption as some manufacturers prefer to identify their products.

I think the ability to do this in addition to the use of IES files would add enormous functionality to a future version of Enscape, and perhaps even the use of an extended Assent Library that may include actual functioning lighting fixtures and sources which may be provided by the lighting industry as ready made objects to be selected from online catalogs ready to use.

By the way, congrats on the new 2.7, it is fantastic!:)