New computer, old Rhino file, Enscape textures don't show up in Enscape Material Editor

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Looks same/similar as this bug report from Sept 2019.

I set up a new computer. Transferred the Enscape license to new computer. Open old Rhino 6.0 file on new computer, open Enscape "tune materials" thing... my materials are there, but missing their textures, but not completely: one material was using a bump map and it still showed "Type Normal map", but above that where you'd expect to see a preview and the texture name, it was blank, but with a big blank space... like it had reserved space to show the texture, but didn't... and not the name either.

Open same file on old computer (after transferring license back to old computer): no problem. All material settings shown as expected.

This was with the last preview version of Enscape-2.7.0-preview.5+18691. Maybe this has been fixed in one of the recent updates? (If yes, let me know. It's a hassle to switch to the new computer and I don't want to do it for nothing. :) )

• Official Post

Looks same/similar as this bug report from Sept 2019.

I set up a new computer. Transferred the Enscape license to new computer. Open old Rhino 6.0 file on new computer, open Enscape "tune materials" thing... my materials are there, but missing their textures, but not completely: one material was using a bump map and it still showed "Type Normal map", but above that where you'd expect to see a preview and the texture name, it was blank, but with a big blank space... like it had reserved space to show the texture, but didn't... and not the name either.

Open same file on old computer (after transferring license back to old computer): no problem. All material settings shown as expected.

This was with the last preview version of Enscape-2.7.0-preview.5+18691. Maybe this has been fixed in one of the recent updates? (If yes, let me know. It's a hassle to switch to the new computer and I don't want to do it for nothing. :) )

You mentioned in the linked thread, that you made sure that the directories are the same when it comes to the materials/textures. Should that be the case, then you also shouldn't experience these issues, but generally still make sure that you're also using our latest release now, not the preview anymore.

If you could try it again, moving the project from your one machine to the other, while making very sure that the directories are 100% identical, then you also should not run into problems as mentioned.

Please let me know if that doesn't help with resolving this behavior at hand.

• (Took me a while to get back to this, apologies. :) )

I was using different drive letters.... :P My bad! :D

I'd still love an option (in future) to have Enscape look to a different drive for the texture images. Some kind of re-link function for when you share files with other people, who may not have some directory/drive letter assignments.

• Official Post

(Took me a while to get back to this, apologies. :) )

I was using different drive letters.... :P My bad! :D

I'd still love an option (in future) to have Enscape look to a different drive for the texture images. Some kind of re-link function for when you share files with other people, who may not have some directory/drive letter assignments.

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve it though.

I'm forwarding your upvote to the existing feature request which has already been filed for your inquiry. :)