Asset Naming for Revit Filters

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • As all assets are within the planting category, it would be great if you could adopt a naming convention (or add a built-in parameter with category designation text) which would allow Revit users to hide/isolate different types of assets by their group/type (people/plants/furniture etc.)

• There are many ways to achieve this within Revit, even with little effort.

Two easy solutions from the top of my head:

- Use the design option with the assets in different option sets

- Use a system parameter (like comments or type comments) in combination with viewfilters

• Bottom line is the not all the assets should be on the planting category. This is something that users have been complaining to Enscape about for some time, but no change yet. It would be good to get an update from Enscape on this......

• Official Post

Bottom line is the not all the assets should be on the planting category. This is something that users have been complaining to Enscape about for some time, but no change yet. It would be good to get an update from Enscape on this......

We are aware of this issue, the assets were initially placed in the planting category because of the scaling native to the planting category and its template.
    We have been evaluating several changes to the assets in Revit but I cannot give you an ETA on any changes. Still like already mentioned in this thread there are ways to work around this issue for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Meanwhile I would manage this issue creating a project parameter (maybe shared parameter) for planting and the categories Enscape use for their assets. I usually do this for creating filters for hide / show / modify view.

There are many ways to achieve this within Revit, even with little effort.

Two easy solutions from the top of my head:

- Use the design option with the assets in different option sets

- Use a system parameter (like comments or type comments) in combination with viewfilters

These do not allow you to make a change globally though.

Lets say for example i have Enscape trees and people families in the project and i want the trees to always appear as green in all views and the people appear as grey in all views. There is no way that I can see of making that change globally, The only option would be to assign a project parameter (trees, people) and then filtering each view using templates.

Is there not a way of setting a sub-category in the planting family which would allow us this flexibility. I see a parameter "label" but am unable to assign a value to it. Can anyone advise?

• Is there not a way of setting a sub-category in the planting family which would allow us this flexibility. I see a parameter "label" but am unable to assign a value to it. Can anyone advise?

That label parameter is to make a parametric nested family. It's deceptively named, but it has nothing to do with adding a 'tag' or a 'text label' do a family.

However, Enscape could easily add another parameter to the type parameters that stores the category of the object. That would allow you to do smart filtering as you describe. However, custom assets don't have categories (yet?), so this would only work (for now?) on the standard assets.

• Too complicated. Better to associate the a suitable Revit family with the Enscape asset. This clarifies graphics, visibility states, scheduling, family category and other parameters.

Hi, what do you mean by "associate"? You mean load the Enscape geometry into a Revit family?

• Don't nest the Enscape asset in the Revit. This is how you associate in a Enscape asset to a Revit family. Start at 5:45. This has been available since 2.7.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.