Apply same size of a texture to different objects in size

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

I can't find how to adjust the size of a texture to make it be the same all across the model instead of adjusting it to each of the sizes of different volumes.

Please find attached. Let's assume the texture on the left volume is right. Then, how can we apply the same height of the corten steel pieces from the left volume to the one on the right?

I wanted to confirm I am using the same material. Therefore, the size on the Enscape Material Editor is the same. Once applied, it is not.

Thank you very much in advanced.

• Official Post

AlejandroT , welcome to our forum. :)

Since the objects are of difference size, the texture itself will be stretched along that object, thus you see these differences - in this case what you're looking for is the following:

Simply set the Width and Height to any value you like, but if you want to have the texture tiled over the larger cube, or objects in general, decrease it to half the amount for example which would be 0.5. The larger the object, the lower the transformation value. Otherwise if you're using a larger value, the texture will simply get stretched even more.

You can access what you see above, by just clicking on the texture, or by going into the "Albedo" tab on top.

• Hi Demian,

Thanks for your response. Isn't there any other way not to stetch the texture depending on the size of the object?

Find below and example. Let's say the right object of the screenshot has the right texture size that I want for my facade.

Explicit transformation on: Width x 0,5; Height x1.

Then, there is a window (white wall). After that, there is another solid part of steel. Obviusly, I would like it to use the same size of steel pannels - find blue vertical lines as a reference. How can this happen?

I hope my question is clear enough :)

• Any suggestions on my answer to your comment above?

• Official Post

Any suggestions on my answer to your comment above?

AlejandroT , if I understand you correctly, the results on the right part of your structure are what you're looking for, correct? In that case, you can also simply adjust the texture transformation for the second part too - just make sure to create a copy of that material, and apply it to the left area, so that you have two separate transformation settings overall.

• AlejandroT  Demian Gutberlet

Hello!

I am having a similar issue to Alejandro. Because I am working with a large number of objects with the same material, I am assigning materials by Layer and not by Object. It would take a significant amount of time to edit every single object's material so they are consistent in scale (proportional to each other, not to the object). Is there any solution to creating a uniform scale for the texture in the file, that is not dependent on the size of the object?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dana