Farmhouse AfterShower - Traditional Curb Appeal

• Hello All,

I recently had to model a client's existing home with added curb appeal to the front exterior. Designed a new Palladian style window along with several other elements to this traditional farmhouse.

Best,

Steven Garubba

DeGraw & DeHaan Architects

• Learned something new: never knew what a Palladian style window was ;)

Definitely added some kerb appeal, but shouldn't the roof of the porch/stoop be a bit bigger so that it covers the top of the columns?

Excellent render - always like the landscaping elements you add. :thumbsup:

• Fantastic renderings! The grass plus flowers looks really natural and I really like how you've created the wet ground. :)

Thank you Demian!

Learned something new: never knew what a Palladian style window was ;)

Definitely added some kerb appeal, but shouldn't the roof of the porch/stoop be a bit bigger so that it covers the top of the columns?

Excellent render - always like the landscaping elements you add. :thumbsup:

There ya go you learn something new everyday! haha.

Not necessarily. In classical architecture, the rule is to align the neck of the column to the face of the bottom of beam and any exposed top of column would then have metal flashing to protect from water damage (usually copper).

Thanks for comment!

• ... Steven Garubba - it´s perfect !!!

... and I never really grasped how that works ;););)

Haha thank you, making materials and roughness maps on Quixel Mixer is fun and does wonders. Takes out the guess work, unlike photoshop.

Really nice images. I love the roughness map on the ground, looks very good!

Thanks Thomas!

awesome renders Steven Garubba

do you use Nvidia RTX ?

Thanks! Yes i used an RTX 2700 on this project.

Beautiful work. Please keep sharing :-)

Thank you! I will try.:)

• ...making materials and roughness maps on Quixel Mixer is fun and does wonders. Takes out the guess work, unlike photoshop.

... could you please share a visual impression (any screenshot) of the used texture material ?
    (even if I don't understand the enscape procedure yet, I understand your remark about photoshoping ;) )

• ... could you please share a visual impression (any screenshot) of the used texture material ?
    (even if I don't understand the enscape procedure yet, I understand your remark about photoshoping ;) )

Here is a sample image of how to materialize wet/moisture onto an albedo with roughness map. Essentially you have the ability to adjust the threshold of the liquid plane onto the surface of the albedo/displacement and it'll produce a fairly realistic result based on height map.

• Here is a sample image of how to materialize wet/moisture onto an albedo with roughness map. Essentially you have the ability to adjust the threshold of the liquid plane onto the surface of the albedo/displacement and it'll produce a fairly realistic result based on height map.

It's look like Quixel mixer or subtance:D

Did you use them to create channels for this texture?

And the grass in the post looks really nice, Did you use the grass model and the plugin skatter to spread them?

• Steven Garubba, this is an impressively good example for that roughness thing - Thanks !!
    OK - Where your roghness map is completely black (or at least very dark), the result in the render is completely smooth and reflective then?
    And I wonder that not even the bumping effect remains visible in these zones 8|:?:and the result looks like a flat puddle of water!

... to "annoy" you a little bit more ;);), could you please show me the Enscape material setting of this rougness map

again Thanks! :)

• It's look like Quixel mixer or subtance:D

Did you use them to create channels for this texture?

And the grass in the post looks really nice, Did you use the grass model and the plugin skatter to spread them?

Yes, I am using Quixel Mixer to create custom materials! I created Albedo, Normal map, and Roughness from here.

And yes, I'm using Skatter on a multiple grass models!

Thanks! I encourage you to try out the program, its free!

Once you have the layers adjusted to how you want them, the program recognizes the liquid layer as a puddle and exports the normal maps accordingly to the variation of heights/layers. This avoids the plastic look of wet materials. I don't need to adjust the roughness once it is in enscape.