Enscape on a laptop- Impossible ?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I dont know the price differences, but you might consider the Geforce RTX line (2070 or 2080 Max-Q) instead of the Quadro RTX line (3000). You may get more bang for your buck at the price range you're considering. Moving forward, RTX should be a minimum requirement as more and more applications are adopting the technology.

• Official Post

I agree with medmonds - the non Quadro RTX cards should give you a better price to performance ratio, especially when using Enscape mostly only of course - if you plan to do Quadro related workloads, you may want to go for that model instead.

• To show you don't need amazing hardware to use it; I'm here with a 2012 vintage ThinkPad T530 with NVS 5400 graphics.

Revit with Enscape "runs". Good enough to preview before rendering, but don't be in a hurry.

New RTX equipped laptop is on the way though and I can't wait to see the difference in performance.

• Official Post

To show you don't need amazing hardware to use it; I'm here with a 2012 vintage ThinkPad T530 with NVS 5400 graphics.

Revit with Enscape "runs". Good enough to preview before rendering, but don't be in a hurry.

New RTX equipped laptop is on the way though and I can't wait to see the difference in performance.

Not bad! Glad to hear you're getting an awesome upgrade though. :)

• I am also looking for a new laptop to work with Enscape. The Asus ProArt series looks like a good alternative, and this one seems to meet all the requirements:

- Asus ProArt StudioBook Pro 17 - 17"

- Intel Core i7 9750H / 2.6 GHz (4.5 GHz) / 12 MB

- 32 GB DDR4

- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

- 1TB SSD

Any thoughts?
    Thank you!

• Official Post

It would definitely meet our requirements. We usually recommend GeForce GPU's instead of Quadro models (better price/performance ratio for the normal user), but if this is your only choice and you have the budget to spare then the machine will still be a great selection for Enscape.

• I would upgrade to a RTX 4000 GPU. Our office has two MCI laptops with similar specs to the Asus and the machine with the RTX 4000 runs Enscape much better.