"fur" feature

• Hi,

interested in rendering rugs and other furry things - grass feature almost does it but it's always too tall.......is there a way to make the lowest bit a little more sensitive? Or just have a different behaving "fur" feature?

Also, my firm does a lot of school work in NYC and have a very hard time finding 3D black and hispanic kids for entourage. Would be great if you had more options for those - different ages/different ethnicities.

Thank you!

Varia

• Hi,

interested in rendering rugs and other furry things - grass feature almost does it but it's always too tall.......is there a way to make the lowest bit a little more sensitive? Or just have a different behaving "fur" feature?

Also, my firm does a lot of school work in NYC and have a very hard time finding 3D black and hispanic kids for entourage. Would be great if you had more options for those - different ages/different ethnicities.

Thank you!

Varia

Thanks a lot for your feedback and asset wishes which I'll gladly forward. With 2.7.1 which is gonna be released soon we'll also add more diversity to our people assets. :)

Furthermore, which CAD solution are you using? In this case I suppose Revit? You can make use of the keywords (from shortest to tallest): short grass, grass, wild grass, tall grass.

In case you're using SketchUp (or Rhino, or ArchiCAD) for example, you can make use of the material editor to define the exact length of your grass.

• In case you're using SketchUp (or Rhino, or ArchiCAD) for example, you can make use of the material editor to define the exact length of your grass.

Actually you can't define the exact length of your grass - although this has been requested many times.

What you can do is define a percentage height and a variation percentage.

(You used to be able to set a surface with grass just under your main surface so that the tips of the grass showed through, but this "bug" has now been written out. )