Face tessellates in glass when bump applied in Revit

• So I'm working on getting some in-house standard glasses set up in Revit so we can just pick a brand and Low-E coating in our models and it renders appropriately. I've used the Glass, the Glazing and a generic Default to see how each one reacts and what settings I would need to have so they look the same. I then looked at adding a cloud bump to add a little distortion to the glass and as soon as I click the Bump or relief option the glass that used to be a nice plane tessellates and I get the additional line across the face making my glass look terrible. This isn't apparent as you look around in the view, but once you stop it comes back. Is this a bug?

This is in Revit Version 2020.2 and Enscape 2.7.0.2910

• So I'm working on getting some in-house standard glasses set up in Revit so we can just pick a brand and Low-E coating in our models and it renders appropriately. I've used the Glass, the Glazing and a generic Default to see how each one reacts and what settings I would need to have so they look the same. I then looked at adding a cloud bump to add a little distortion to the glass and as soon as I click the Bump or relief option the glass that used to be a nice plane tessellates and I get the additional line across the face making my glass look terrible. This isn't apparent as you look around in the view, but once you stop it comes back. Is this a bug?

This is in Revit Version 2020.2 and Enscape 2.7.0.2910

I am sorry to hear about that.

The easiest way to troubleshoot the cause behind this would be receiving the project itself (or the bump map file), since I was not able to reproduce this behavior myself. Have you generally made sure that the bump map you're using is tile-able, as in, when used in the model you shouldn't see any seems. My guess is that these lines are caused by the seems, which may actually be visible with the current bump map file you're using.

• Demian Gutberlet , I can send you the files, but it was 2 different bump mumps used. I was trying to replicate glass using all of the different ways Revit has to make glass in their materials. It didn't matter what the bump was, I even tried it with a 0 value on one for the bumps and it still did it.

I've also sent over a log file from the "feedback" button regarding this to give you as much info as possible.

here are the files https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a72…PVGjwIRspFHII5Bix3Ma?dl=0

• Archytextural , thanks a lot for your response and your patience - as per e-mail messages, our developers have filed a bug report for this subject accordingly, so this is something which will of course be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you again for your cooperation. :)

• So revisiting this after updating to the latest 2.7.1 in revit it is still happening. But I've figured out what to adjust to eliminate it. The glossiness setting is the culprit. If it is set to 100% glossiness in Revit or Sketchup and you have a bump map on it, it tessellates. IF you set it lower than 100% it goes away. In Revit the magic nimber is 95% and it goes away. at 96% it's there and at 95% it clears up. Not sure if that helps, but I've figured out how to clear it up