French Villa near Lake Annecy

• Hello everbody,

I left Enscape for Lumion last year. Happy to be back.

Just 2 quick renders. I needed speed for a client and Enscape served me well.

Thanks for the good work :thumbup:

• If you don't mind my asking, do you still work in Lumion as well? If not, why did you stop using that platform?

Well, my main tool for rendering is still Vray. On 50% of my projects though, I need to be quicker and a bit less precise. It is hard to say exaclty why I left Lumion, I guess I have a better feeling with Enscape. They made a great progress this year, the Assets library is getting better and bigger, the orthographic view is now possible by default etc.

Only two things are holding me back a bit : Landscaping is still a bit poor for me (Landscape modeling is primary on my projects) And adding an insertion tool would by nice.

• And adding an insertion tool would by nice.

What exactly do you mean with insertion tool? A better way to place the assets?

Btw, I agree with you that getting a good landscaping within Enscape is still hard. So far we rely on the host 3D program to do that, but natively in Revit, SU and alike, that's sometimes challenging. Wd did not came up with a good solution to that yet.

Canacan : The images look nice! The composition and content "sells" the project to me, nice work :)

• What exactly do you mean with insertion tool? A better way to place the assets?

Btw, I agree with you that getting a good landscaping within Enscape is still hard. So far we rely on the host 3D program to do that, but natively in Revit, SU and alike, that's sometimes challenging. Wd did not came up with a good solution to that yet.

Canacan : The images look nice! The composition and content "sells" the project to me, nice work :)

Hi Thomas and thanks for the nice words.

By saying "insertion tool" I meant a way to insert the Enscape rendered building into a photography of the real environement natively within Enscape. I know it dosen't take much time in photoshop, but comming from Artlantis and then Lumion, I really enjoyed that possibility.

For the Landscape part, I usualy work with Archicad to create my "stock" terrain with proper altimetry (if the image needs to meet realistic criteria). Then I export it into 3ds max and I use it as a guide to model nice looking terrain. Once again, having that kind of tool within Enscape would be great but in the end we allways find a way to get what we want.